Any Denali updates?

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Any Denali updates?

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:28 am

Those who have the Cobra Denali, any long term results or updates to speak of? I've been curious as to how well this gun compares to the original, which was definitely overpowered by the cartridge.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Any Denali updates?

Postby adam01364 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 pm

I'm curious as well; meanwhile I'm still trying to find parts to build my Denali frames.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:55 pm

I've got one and the nutcert for the grip screw keeps coming out. I really should just send it back to Cobra but I've got plenty of other fish to fry. I've got maybe 250 rounds (if that) through mine. If I'm shooting 380s I'm usually shooting something that's a little more plesant to shoot like my Bersa Thunder 380. I still don't regret buying the Cobra Denali right when it came out just to have for my collection but that's really all I have it for, to fill out my collection.

It has a lot of kick but the gun does work. I have some scratches on the barrel hood now from taking it apart a few times for cleaning purposes.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Maybe some Lock-Tite would help Flowmaster.
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby Flowmaster » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Yeah, I'm kind of torn there though. if i put in locktite I bet it would hold the nutcert in place but I'm afraid of the locktite filling the interior of the threads, possibly preventing me from getting the grip screw to go back into it. I'm sure I could put it all together with the locktite still wet, but then I might never get that grip screw off ever again.

I may just put a Hogue Handall over it.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Seems like the Denali is a definite improvement over the original other than the grip screw issue.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Oh, definitely, by a country mile. The lack of writing on the slide is really what sold it for me. It says Kodiak Industries Denali very small on the gun and the serial number is a small plate as well. It isn't a billboard of words like some of the Taurus pistols (like their 1911s). The polymer frame is a step in a more modern direction for Cobra and I wish other SNS companies would follow them, companies like Jimenez and Phoenix Arms.

My Jimenez Arms JA380 is currently my favorite SNS 380 gun but that's for the feel of it over anything else. The Cobra looks cooler but the Jimenez feels better for me to hold and to shoot. Its the grip angle or something. I'm also very used to doing a heel/european magazine release and the push button on the grip of the Denali still causes me to fumble sometimes. Most of my SNS guns have that heel/european magazine release so its weird to go to a different style, its very Lorcin to have a button in the grip to release the magazine.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:57 am

If I find a Denali at a reasonable price I might just get it. Seems like it could be a good cast bullet shooter.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Cobra-Davis-Lorcin Forum