Davis D22 derringer

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Davis D22 derringer

Postby adam01364 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:39 am

I've been looking for a Davis D22 (22LR) derringer for quite a while. I've run across them occasionally at gun shows here in mA$$ but they've always be priced far beyond what I was willing to pay. There are no derringers (or any SNS) on the mA$$ "approved roster" so you kinda pay whatever the market will bear; I'm talking prices bumping just shy of $200. Way too rich for my budget, so I've always passed them by. But I never stopped keeping an eye out, 'cause you just never know.

Finally, finally, finally... I spotted this broken one. Guy wanted $40 out the door. Tells me it "needs parts, and Davis is out of business, so it's priced accordingly..."
I nearly tore the back pocket of my jeans in my hurry to get my wallet out.

Got 'er home, it needs a selector (the do-dad that alternates firing the upper or lower barrel), a barrel lock, and a screw. Called up Cobra (the successor to Davis) and ordered the parts, cost me $27 with shipping. :D

Minieldo will say, pics or it didn't happen, so here it is (unrepaired)

Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Davis D22 derringer

Postby ConditionOne » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:01 pm

If I recall thats your motto also "pics or it didn't happen" - When I got a written excuse to miss church on sunday, from the local priest, as a joke to my mother in law.
If I remember you wrote back "pics or it didn't happen" :D
I purchased a derringer some time ago, Ill have to look up what it is and how much i paid. That info to follow.
ConditionOne
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby ConditionOne » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Its a Davis Industries Derringer, 22 mag, chrome, wood grips. Appears to have never been shot, $ 110 OTD. purchased Nov. 2014
ConditionOne
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby adam01364 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:14 am

ConditionOne wrote:If I recall thats your motto also "pics or it didn't happen" - When I got a written excuse to miss church on sunday, from the local priest, as a joke to my mother in law. If I remember you wrote back "pics or it didn't happen" :D
I purchased a derringer some time ago, Ill have to look up what it is and how much i paid. That info to follow.

Yup, Minieldo and I both say "pics or it didn't happen". :lol:

ConditionOne wrote:Its a Davis Industries Derringer, 22 mag, chrome, wood grips. Appears to have never been shot, $ 110 OTD. purchased Nov. 2014

You did better than me on my first one, which was a chrome/wood Davis Industries D32, which cost my $125 OTD. At the time the shop also had a second Davis Industries DM22 Derringer for the same price -which I passed over. At the time I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find affordable Derringers in this state. :oops:
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:24 pm

The small frame Davis/Cobra derringers are a really good size.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby 84minieldo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:06 pm

yes i will but unfortunately im too busy lately so it takes a while...very nice, buddy at work sold one to another guy for 125, so that seems the going rate for a workin davis derringer
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Return to Cobra-Davis-Lorcin Forum