Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Postby Dave_H » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:20 am

It seems the 32's have gone the way of the dodo. Not exactly an in demand caliber these days.

I did kind of want a ca-32 at one point. But I never went there. I am curious if they even make the ca or fs 32's any longer.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Re: .32

Postby jeffchance » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:55 am

According to their website, the CA and FS are both still available in .32.
Whether or not it is true would warrant a call for sure.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Well, I haven't seen any in real life in a good while at least. The local neighborhood fun shop stopped carrying Cobra products a long time ago. Even the derringers. I'd probably have to prowl the pawn shops to find them.

I like the simplicity of the various Raven inspired designs. Some more $$ on quality control and magazine design/production would have been nice. But they were building to a strict price point and market niche and I get that. I expect many a SNS got bought, loaded up with fmj from one box of ammo that was bought at the same time as the gun, and it went to live in a night stand drawer for the next ten years. :lol:
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby adam01364 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Dave_H wrote:I expect many a SNS got bought, loaded up with fmj from one box of ammo that was bought at the same time as the gun, and it went to live in a night stand drawer for the next ten years. :lol:
meanwhile, the rest of them were used for weekend drive-by shootings then tossed out the window. :(
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Sadly enough, I am sure that happened quite a bit. As I recall there were a lot of recovered ring of fire guns recovered at crime scenes during their heyday. Granted they were very high volume producers of firearms . Still not a good thing.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby Flowmaster » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:36 pm

adam01364 wrote:
Dave_H wrote:I expect many a SNS got bought, loaded up with fmj from one box of ammo that was bought at the same time as the gun, and it went to live in a night stand drawer for the next ten years. :lol:
meanwhile, the rest of them were used for weekend drive-by shootings then tossed out the window. :(

And... right into the river it goes!

I love 32acp. There is a subreddit called "the one true caliber" that just talks about 32. Its some fun, but not heavy on recoil. The FS32 is just overbuilt. Its big and heavy and it seems like it would take a long time to wear out. The 380s can sometimes beat themselves to pieces, but I think it would either not happen at all or it'd take a whole lot more rounds to make a 32 gun of the same design fail.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:02 am

Flowmaster wrote:The 380s can sometimes beat themselves to pieces, but I think it would either not happen at all or it'd take a whole lot more rounds to make a 32 gun of the same design fail.
I agree. It's not uncommon to see pics of broken Zamak .380 slides (or pistols, for that matter) it is fairly rare to see pics of busted .32 pistols of the same design. I'm thinking Bryco /Jimenez .380 vs .32, and the two Lorcin / Cobra offerings in those calibers. Of course, one could argue the population of .32s is a lot smaller than .380s which means there are fewer in circulation.
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:26 am

Flowmaster wrote: The FS32 is just overbuilt. Its big and heavy and it seems like it would take a long time to wear out.

That was my thought whenever I used to see those at the gun shop. Big for just being a 32. I had a lot of odd ball guns at the time, so I didn't seriously consider it though.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby farmkid » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:40 am

adam01364 wrote:
Flowmaster wrote:The 380s can sometimes beat themselves to pieces, but I think it would either not happen at all or it'd take a whole lot more rounds to make a 32 gun of the same design fail.
I agree. It's not uncommon to see pics of broken Zamak .380 slides (or pistols, for that matter) it is fairly rare to see pics of busted .32 pistols of the same design. I'm thinking Bryco /Jimenez .380 vs .32, and the two Lorcin / Cobra offerings in those calibers. Of course, one could argue the population of .32s is a lot smaller than .380s which means there are fewer in circulation.

Another vote for .32 here, though most of mine are Eastern Bloc police stuff. But I have an old Lorcin .380 that I rebarreled in .32 'cause I trusted the frame more with the lighter load. Yeah, I understand why .32 isn't the esteemed defense round that it once was, but it's fun and historic. And, hey, those two attributes are more important to me than "new".
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:05 pm

I talked to an ammo vendor at the gun show who said that 32 ammo has been selling really well since the end of the summer. All anybody can think of is that the new appetite for 32 ammo has to be coming from all the people who bought surplus Beretta 81 and 81BB pistols. So there is some hope for 32 being around for a while longer, even if it's not a huge hit for Cobra.

I used to have a Davis 32 derringer. It was the largest caliber of the small frame. It was fun stuff and the semi rim of a 32 makes extraction pretty easy in a derringer design.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Next

Return to Cobra-Davis-Lorcin Forum