Friggin Lorcins!!!!!

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Friggin Lorcins!!!!!

Postby David Vincent » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:09 pm

this thread will be a running commentary of working on a LT25 and how lorcins can drive you insane.

No pictures though. I am pretty old school (dont even have a cell phone and never will)

So its an LT25 with a cracked slide and broken parts. cost me $16 a while back. second LT25 i have recieved with a broken slide. Starting to thing the aluminum frame kills the slides faster. Who knows where this gun has been though. Its rough and was missing the recoil spring. The slide did not fully fail but the crack was pretty severe. a bunch was already done I just had this thought to start doing running commentaries to liven this up a bit. Here we go

detail stripping done
Frame factory crayola paint was removed
Frame was polished..nothing fanncy...remove dings and dents and 400 grit
Toss the plastic trigger (which was cracked of course) and mag release (which was also broken big friggin suprise)

new mira loma slide, polished breech face, polished feed ramp and chamber
general fluff and buff which all of you are aware of
Cut and crown on the barrel muzzle

new raven trigger and mag catch polished
keeping the lorcin cam and trigger bar
everything cleaned and fitted

onto the grips....

black target grips, thumb rest removed. Full stipple job. New stainless steel screws.

time to put it all together
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Re: Friggin Lorcins!!!!!

Postby David Vincent » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:35 pm

assembled. Feeling a hitch when retracting the slide just out of battery to charge the slide.

Trigger bar seems to function fine.....honed it anyways to do away with any roughness.

back together it goes....
David Vincent

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:41 pm

Were there different style of cutouts on the bottom of the slides for the trigger bar? I've seen that on some other SNS, maybe it was different versions of the J22? I'm trying to think of what the hitch could be. Maybe a spring not totally 100% straight when its being compressed.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:11 am

springs are good. Looks like its the recess on the inside of the grip. Took down the top corner of the recess and rounded it to give the bar a little more clearance. Took a while because its a little hard to get too. got it. Gun is reassembled and no hitch. Bar moves freely and resets correctly.

Time for feeding and ejection testing.

the different cutouts on the slides are for the sliding bar vs disc safeties. All the lorcins 25s have disc safeties. One version is held by ball and detent while the other is for an arm flat spring which we see on the later jennings guns.
David Vincent

Postby David Vincent » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:45 am

feeds like a dream. Ejection is for crap. Time to work on the extractor. The hook wont seat on the rim. This is why recessed breech faces on SNS guns like the raven and Davis guns are superior.

going to thin down the inner arm of the extractor to get it to seat deaper. also reangle the hook, true up the end and take the sharp edge off the bottom of the hook so the case can slide up underneath without hanging up on the sharp edge.

I am going to be pretty picky on the functioning of this gun as its going to get carried in a kydex neck holster (need light guns for this carry) and also ankle rig. The LT is much lighter than other 25acps and the rounded heel on the grip gives me a better purchase when snagging it out of kydex compared to the other SNS 25s.

anyways... off to rework the extractor.
David Vincent

Postby David Vincent » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:36 am

reworked extractor is perfect. I got a little lucky and only had to pull the extractor twice for checking retention. Cartridge rim slides up underneath the hook and engages firmly. It will hold and empty case suspended out of the chamber. Direction of ejection is straight put to the right.

so feed and extraction are solid as a rock.

gun fully assembled..... whats this? The safety is defective. My oh my what a surprise! With the safety on the gun will fire. Awesome! Did I mention this is a Lorcin? A 25 lorcin....you know....the good ones LOL.

On to the investigating this little riddle of a pistol.

I know, I know.... just pull the safety. Well thats a last resort and I have yet to get a good safety sear interaction on any SNS that didnt have a damaged frame so we shall see.

This is not my first trip around the block with this issue on the Lorcin 25s safety defect. I just have not took the time to really get into the problem before. Like i said I am going to try and carry this one even though I expect smooth bore accuracy out of it.

time to disassemble.... again. frigging lorcins
David Vincent

Postby David Vincent » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:23 am

sheesh... OK the recess on the LT 25s frames for the disc safety are oversized. what happens is that when the safety is engaged to block the sear.... you pull the trigger pulling the sear down....instead of the disc stopping the movement the entire disc shifts down giving it just enough room for the sear to release the striker.

Checked a raven disc and its not going to work. Everthing is in the wrong spot on the raven disc.
Davis, sedco, and sundance discs are too small.

i think i am going to try a taller sear. ravens wont work as they are shorter than the lorcins. So are all the other 25s. Leaves me with the jennings 22 sear which is really tall (too tall to function) due to the fireing pin being higher on the gun (rimfire).

I think i can make it work but its going to take quite a bit of work with files and honing stones. might have to play around with the trigger, trigger bar and cam linkage as well to give it a loNger trigger pull before it releases the striker. Lorcins are just soooo AWESOME!

back to work.
David Vincent

Postby David Vincent » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:18 pm

Ramping up again. Elvis is on the stereo and fresh coffee is brewing. Worked on the sear a little bit hear and there today but my two boys...Rain Man and Boba Fett... kept trying to "help" so it was tough. So far here is where i am at...

the shoulders of the J22 sear were to high and had to be taken down

the top tip of the sear was far to long so it was shortened and concave shaped to fit precisely up against the round FP shaft giving far more contact area on the FP or striker.

the recess for the spring is larger on the j22 sear. Instead of using a J22 sear spring I opted for a hipoint spring which is longer and a little more stout.

With the fun assembled everything functions when the safety is off. Once the striker is charged though the safety cannot be engaged. so right not the sear is just a tiny bit too long still. its close though. How close is hard to tell without a cutaway slide to see.

The safety disc itself was also worked on. a tiny recess was added where the left sear arm engages the safety. It still pushes the safety down...nothing i can do about that. But the notch holds and the disc goes straight down instead of the spin and shift that was going on. anyways.. it holds the sear high enough ever when the disc depress that the firing pin does not release.... I think. I wont know for sure until I can put the safety on with the striker fully charged....but its looking good right now.

So far the only thing i might have kind of recked is a cam. I tried to get a longer pull before the break but it was a no go as the sear was coming into contact with the striker spring. the gun was functioning fine but i could hear the contacts when slowly racking the slide.
David Vincent

Postby David Vincent » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:18 pm

all right my brain is getting fried trying to troubleshoot.

does the front of the sear peg come into contact with the bottom inside area where the firing pin channel meets up with the face breech face? What is the last little hangup of resistance just before the slide contacts with the frame?
David Vincent

Postby David Vincent » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:26 pm

might have to take a different approach to this problem. I dont think the J22 sear is going to end up working afterall. To thin front to back.

back to the drawing board.
David Vincent

Next

Return to Cobra-Davis-Lorcin Forum