Which Lorcin L22 is going to have feeding problems?

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Which Lorcin L22 is going to have feeding problems?

Postby adam01364 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Okay, okay, each of these frame is going to have feeding problems (they're Lorcins after all, and that's what Lorcins do) but look at the differences between the feed ramps on these three L22 frames.

The top frame feeds the last 4 rounds from the magazine without a problem.
The middle frame won't feed at all.
The bottom frame feeds most of the time.

Time to break out the ol' Dremel.

Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Which Lorcin L22 is going to have feeding problems?

Postby 84minieldo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Iirc this was a safety feature...that middle one...no wonder there's no parts left on it?.goes along with who it's for tho, the chromed gonna have the highest expectations, the black ones gonna be bought by a criminal,hence lorcin didnt want it to chamber cuz then it couldn't be shot in a crime, and the satin finish woulda gone at a gun show and been a worth what it cost type thing,both not much
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby adam01364 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:49 pm

84minieldo wrote:no wonder there's no parts left on it?
Can't Dremel the feed ramp if the Lorcin is assembled, don'cha know bad things could happen. Wait, wait, wait! What am I sayin'? It's a Lorcin. Bad things WILL happen. :lol: :lol:
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby pockets » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:29 am

The bottom one won't feed because there appears to be a large screw protruding into the mag-well. :)

POCKETS
"adventures are not all pony-rides in May-sunshine"
pockets
Gun Tech Lord. Master of GUN TECH - Diagrams, Manuals, Catalogs, and Information Links

Postby adam01364 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:45 am

Good eyes, Pockets! The Lorcin at the top of the picture is a "functioning" Lorcin. I got the a the middle and bottom L22s in a package deal on stripped SNS frames; most of the parts I need to assemble one more L22 are in my parts box, so I'll be building the chrome one. One of the parts I've had trouble finding are grip screws with the correct threads (which are 5-40, BTW). Finally found a couple of 5-40 cap screws are Fastenall -but they're too long. Once again, the Dremel will come to the rescue.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Cobra-Davis-Lorcin Forum