Cobra not including manuals with new guns

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Cobra not including manuals with new guns

Postby Flowmaster » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:26 pm

I was working a gun show today and sold a guy a Cobra large frame 22 magnum derringer. I went to show the guy the stuff that came in the box and was just stunned to see that Cobra isn't including manuals with their guns. I saw it first hand with the derringers. The FFL I was helping out at the show didn't have any other Cobras in stock or else I would've checked their boxes for the presence of manuals. Now they just have a slip of paper in the box instead of a manual:
The quality of the printing isn't great (it looks like a bad photocopy) and the paper its printed on isn't even that nice. I remember when Jimenez moved and included a nice like large business card type of thing in each box saying that they had moved and included their new contact information.

It was very weird to see a brand new gun with a little slip of paper telling the owner to go download the manual. Maybe this is the future, but maybe its the ultimate cost cutting measure for an SNS brand.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Cobra not including manuals with new guns

Postby adam01364 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:52 am

AND..... Cobra's website is non functioning *AGAIN* today.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:07 am

I really hope the lack of manuals is just a cost-cutting measure and not the company in it's death throws.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:45 am

I think it's cost cutting. Printed material appears to slowly be going away across the board.

The Cobra Pistol website's back up, and BTW it's awful, really awful.
Try to get an instruction manual of the site as they describe in the instructions; good luck with that. Link: https://cobrapistols.net/
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Wow,, that website is a dumpster fire.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Flowmaster wrote:Wow,, that website is a dumpster fire.

Yeah, I dunno who "WooCommerce" is but IMO tagging their handiwork "Storefront designed by WooCommerce" at the bottom of the page isn't going to bring them any business.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adare » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:41 pm

I dont see a need to get a manual with a new product, any of the new computers or printers you down load the manuals from the net.
adare
GUN NUT!

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:45 am

Really, they can't include a little leaflet manual like the ROF guns had? Some dummy is going to buy one of these, get hurt, and go running to the arms of an ambulance chaser. I smell a big lawsuit in their future.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby 84minieldo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 pm

exactly what i was thinking...maybe i should get a new cobra..damn it i got internet tho..i see that as the main lawsuit loophole/problem.
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby FergusonTO35 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:14 pm

You're still good, apparently their website doesn't work well enough to provide a manual. I guess the next step is replacing the shipping boxes with store brand zip lock bags.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Next

Return to Cobra-Davis-Lorcin Forum