Lowest Phoenix Raven Serial?

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Lowest Phoenix Raven Serial?

Postby bumthum » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:20 pm

I'm looking for some input from owners of Phoenix made Raven pistols. I guess my main goal is to determine whether Phoenix Raven serial numbers begin at 3-million, or somewhere in the 2-million range, and when certain features began appearing. I have gathered data from more than 50 Raven pistols so far and have yet to observe a Raven Arms pistol with a serial number above 2-million, or a Phoenix made Raven with a serial below 3-million. I've heard stories about people seeing, or knowing someone who has seen, Ravens of either make straying into that serial range, but I'm only really interested in hard information from pistols in their owner's possession with verifiable features.

So what I need from Phoenix Raven owners is:
Serial # (preferably with all but the last 2 or 3 digits, if not complete)
Grip panel type (wood, pearl, black plastic with grooves, etc.)
Metal finish (black, polished chrome, brushed nickel, whatever)
Mag safety (yes/no)

I'm going to post a similar thread in the Raven section for information about high Raven Arms made serials. Thank you ahead of time for any information you can provide.
bumthum
Hardcore

Re: Lowest Phoenix Raven Serial?

Postby adam01364 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 am

My three Phoenix Raven s/n are as follows:

Serial # 30488xx
Grip unknown, came to me as a stripped frame
Finish Chrome
Mag safety frame had provisions for grip safety

Serial # 31729xx
Grip Black plastic with grooves (I changed them to wood)
Finish Chrome
Mag safety Yes

Serial # 32196xx
Grip Black plastic with grooves
Finish Black
Mag safety Yes
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Lowest Phoenix Raven Serial?

Postby bumthum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:17 pm

I have the box, warranty card, and instructions for Serial 3002361. The instructions (dated 01-92) clearly state, repeatedly, that the pistol won't function without the magazine and the disconnect spring is shown on the parts list. My box and paperwork would be from a fairly early Phoenix Raven, assuming production began in the 1991-1992 time frame and serials actually began at, or around, 3-million. As of right now I don't have a lot of data on Phoenix made Ravens, but I'm beginning to think that any examples manufactured without a magazine safety would actually be pretty rare. I'll withhold judgement until I get more data though.
bumthum
Hardcore

Return to Phoenix Arms Forum