Carry

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Carry

Postby Cornhusker_Joe » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:30 pm

For the summer, I have often been carrying my HP22 as a backup, and even primary when it isn't convenient to carry a larger piece. I know that someone will speak up about carrying a firearm isn't "convenient" so carry whatever you would like to have at hand in a life or death situation. That is why I like it as a BUG - 12 or 13 rounds (depending on magazine) of CCI minimag increases my feeling of well being CONSIDERABLY. I love this little pistol.
Jeff Chance: how is the smoke and fire situation in your area?

Cornhusker Joe
Cornhusker_Joe
Gunslinger

Re: Carry

Postby jeffchance » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:39 pm

I always carry what I am confident with. Most all of mine fit that requirement or they stay in the safe.

Joe, the smoke, ash, and haze have had me with severe coughing, runny nose, and sneezing for the last three weeks. Nadine is having similar issues, as well. Worst days were when the fire in Owyhee county came within about 70 miles of us and the wind was from the south, bringing all that crap right on top of us. Worst I have seen it here in years. Lots of people with respiratory issues.

You ok over there in the other side of the state?

JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby bitsman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:38 am

Talking about confidence... We had a street fair around here a few weeks ago... Arts and Crafts... Artery clogging.. Blood pressure increasing .. down home Southern Food sort of stuff... Lots of people walking around with guns.. concealed and otherwise.. Saw a young lady.. Maybe 110 pounds soaking wet... She had what looked like a S&W 500 on her hip ... That thing was freakin HUGE... All I could think was " Man.. That little girl is more of a MAN then I will ever be"....
"You broke into my house, Stole my property, Murdered my Servants and my pets, And that is what GRIEVES me the most" Can you name the movie????

"Remember Ladies.... If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything..."
bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby Cornhusker_Joe » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:01 am

Bits - I had the opportunity some years back to try out a 454 Casull, and not only didn't buy but didn't want to play anymore after 2 cylinders full. My everyday carry is 9mm or .380, sometimes .38 or .357. I'm not comfortable with the heavy hitters.
Jeff - I feel for you and Nadine. It has been smokey, but only a couple of day has it been really bad - as in 1/4 mile visibility. Today is pretty clear and very nice.

Joe
Cornhusker_Joe
Gunslinger

Postby bitsman » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Mine is 9mm... Not sure if it true, but Massad Ayoob is supposed to have said that one should carry the the most powerful gun he/she can control and afford... My $250 SCCY is it right now... Not pretty but it works and the slugs hit where I point it.. Cant ask for more then that...

If you have never read any of Mr Ayoob's books I strongly suggest you do... His training techniques and self defense ideas involving firearms are the best. IMO...
"You broke into my house, Stole my property, Murdered my Servants and my pets, And that is what GRIEVES me the most" Can you name the movie????

"Remember Ladies.... If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything..."
bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Return to Phoenix Arms Forum