Picked up an extended mag for my HP22

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Picked up an extended mag for my HP22

Postby Sovende » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:00 pm

I haven't visited this site for some time now and activity here in the Phoenix section of the forum seems to have been more than a bit slow lately. Coincidentally, just a couple of days ago I noticed what appeared to be random (i.e. no logo packaging) magazines hanging on the accessory rack in the firearms section of my local Farm & Home store. Closer inspection revealed that they were mags for the HP22. I assumed that they were for the Phoenix HP22 and suspected that to be true since they actually stocked that firearm. They have one 5" barrel version of the HP22 in the display case but I'm thinking that it's part of the "Deluxe Range Kit" package as it is priced at ~$220. I have the standard 3" barrel model. I have one extra mag that I picked up for about $12 a few years ago. Accessories of the Phoenix branded .22s seem to be rare around here and though I wanted an extended (length) mag, I was unwilling to pay the S&H above and beyond the $16 cost from Phoenix. I hoped to be able to find one locally. The one in this store was priced at $16.99 BUT they were having a "Friends & Family" event that included a 12% discount off most nearly everything in the store. (Sadly, firearms were NOT included in the discount).Anyway, for less than $15 after taxes I now have the extended mag. I know it's not very exciting but just maybe a new post will stimulate a bit of traffic on this section of the forum.
As a side comment, I did notice more than a little bit of traffic on the HiPoint section of the forum. I found that interesting.
Anyway, that's my story.
Sovende
Sovende
Gunslinger

Re: Picked up an extended mag for my HP22

Postby jeffchance » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Glad you got one.
Sometimes it's slow here and other times it is slow.
Sometimes not.
Just keep checking in as you can. Glad to have you with us.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:57 am

Sovende, so after reading your post, the magazine you got is the one with the extended finger rest, correct? (I was hoping Phoenix (or an after market firm) came up with a fifteen round magazine.)

I picked up a mag from an old range kit and was surprised to discover the finger extension was metal and not plastic.
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:42 pm

I've got one with a metal finger extension. I saw a used HP25 at a gun show and it had a metal finger rest as well. No additional capacity, but its nice to have a little weight down low.

You'd think the mags would be drop-free with that big weight on the bottom of them but mine isn't. I have a flat bottom mag I polished with a Dremel tool and it is now drop-free. My flat bottom HP22 mag has a metal bottom, I don't know how old that makes it.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Sovende » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:04 pm

adam01364 wrote:Sovende, so after reading your post, the magazine you got is the one with the extended finger rest, correct? (I was hoping Phoenix (or an after market firm) came up with a fifteen round magazine.)

I picked up a mag from an old range kit and was surprised to discover the finger extension was metal and not plastic.

Yes, the one I bought is the one with the extended finger rest but sadly, no additional round capacity. Unfortunately, since these are single stacks, I think that a mag with any more that a couple of rounds of additional capacity would be just too long.
BTW, this new mag is, in fact, a Phoenix branded product but I'm afraid that these new ones have the extension piece that is made of plastic opposed to the metal ones that you and others have mentioned.
Sovende
Sovende
Gunslinger

Postby 84minieldo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 pm

Iirc gotta plastic and metal thumb thing..nice work with the title,extended mag, will get ya a lot of interest around here
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Return to Phoenix Arms Forum