Raven Arms Production Collection More or Less Complete

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special, JTJersey

Re: Raven Arms Production Collection More or Less Complete

Postby bumthum » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:36 am

adam01364 wrote:
farmkid wrote:I recently saw one that I didn't know existed, though that may just be my ignorance: a Baldwin Park with the middle-style safety, that is the flat one that moves forward and backward "correctly" (F<>S). I'd jumped to the conclusion that BP only made the original, round safety that was backward, i.e. S<>F.

I just found a parts kit to a Baldwin Park that matches your description. Granted, the parts in a kit could be a "mix & match", but the photos of the kit are exactly as you describe. I've overlaid a second picture of the slide to show the Baldwin Park roll mark and the safety (F<>S).

This IS interesting indeed. It would have to be a very late Baldwin Park pistol, I had suspected that the change took place when Raven had to retool after the change of facility to Industry. Alternately, maybe there were some surviving parts left over from Baldwin Park that were used to get Industry production up and going, I suspect markings were added to components after they were more or less finished.

Something else I'll have to keep an eye out for.
bumthum
Hardcore

Postby bumthum » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:04 am

Here is a mock-up of what I suspect the 2nd variation from Baldwin Park should look like. The safety should be the early curved variation of the small slider because those were used into the 400,000 serial number range. These 2nd variation Baldwin Parks should fall somewhere between 45296 (the highest 1st variation Baldwin Park I've observed) and 98530 (the lowest Industry P-25 I've observed), although I'm sure that range can be narrowed down further once more early Raven examples are reserved, but that's what I've got from my data at this point.

bumthum
Hardcore

Postby farmkid » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:07 am

That's a wonderful find, and I apologize for my very late update. It's a great kit, but the problem with assembling it will be that the frame is very different from both the earlier button safety models and that of the later non-Baldwin slide safeties. I've _Got_ to get some documentation up. :oops:
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Previous

Return to Raven Pistols Forum