hollow points in a Raven

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special, JTJersey

hollow points in a Raven

Postby Don » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:01 pm

My wife has a hard time trying to come up with gift ideas for me so this year I was thinking ammo. With my Ravens I always use fmj 50 grainers. However, I thought I might try some Speer hollow points. Now I know they won't penetrate as much as the fmj ammo but I thought that if they cycled ok in my Ravens I might carry them in a fmj then hp configuration in the mag. One deep hole then a slightly larger shallower hole etc until the bad guy has six nasty holes. Do any of you guys run hollow points in your Ravens?

Don
Don
Hardcore

Re: hollow points in a Raven

Postby pockets » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:03 am

I have, for experimentation purposes.
But the .25acp is only getting around 65fpe out of a pocket pistol. Doubtful that expansion is going to be anything significant at that low of energy.

Now I just sling a 16-round Raven under one armpit and a 16-round Sundance under the other.....All hail ASSAULT .25s ! :lol:

POCKETS
"adventures are not all pony-rides in May-sunshine"
pockets
Gun Tech Lord. Master of GUN TECH - Diagrams, Manuals, Catalogs, and Information Links

Re: hollow points in a Raven

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:36 am

I don't think I've ever shot hollow point 25s actually. The ammo is just too expensive for me. I'm cheap, I have cheap guns, and I try to shoot cheap ammo.

I stick to the 50 grain FMJ bullets because in that caliber I'm going for every inch of penetration I can get. There isn't a whole lot of power there, I question whether or not a hollow point bullet would actually expand into a target.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Raven Pistols Forum