Got me a Rossi 461

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: Got me a Rossi 461

Postby FergusonTO35 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Looks like most leather holsters for the Colt D frame or Ruger SP-101 will work just fine for the 461. Got a Don Hume JIT belt slide holster listed for the latter two guns on Fleabay for $20.00 and it fits perfectly.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Got me a Rossi 461

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:05 am

Thought I should post an update. Still shooting the 461 and continue to be impressed with it. If I do my part it will keep up with my S&W's and Rugers accuracy wise. Only thing I really don't like about it other than the near complete lack of grip choices is the yawning .010 cylinder to barrel gap. It's not spitting lead or anything, I think that is just a cost cutting measure on the part of Rossi and may also help keep the pressure down on .357's. I really don't want to deal with Rossi's legendary non-service department, who would likely just declare it to be within spec and send it back to me after 6 months. The gap and slightly shorter barrel does cause the revolver to lose around 100 fps velocity compared with my 4" S&W 10-5 with it's super tight .002 gap. Can't have it all I suppose.

I would still be happy with this revolver even if I had paid the new gun price for it and am going to work up some loads for it. I also see that Walmart now has the Remington UMC .38 Special +P 125 grain SJHP rounds in a 100 round pack for $30.00 or so. This load is really good and performs comparably to $1.00 a shot premium ammo in terms of accuracy and expansion. The SP-101 I used to have did great with it. Hopefully the 461 will too.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Previous

Return to Inexpensive guns that are not SNS, including Taurus, Charter, Kel-tec, Rossi......