Charter arms "off duty" 38 spcl

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: Charter arms "off duty" 38 spcl

Postby David Vincent » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:39 am

I dont think the undercover was a budget model. Maybe just the all steel version of the undercover. The original undercovers were pretty funky for the time. Lots of different shades of bluing and different metals in construction. It is lighter than the Off Duty. Off dutys are nice too though

My carry undercover is a 60s era piece with pachmayrs. I originally bought it for the wife but decided to keep it for myself LOL. I am accurate with it and the pachmayr gripper grips make it really easy to handle. The sights are great for a snubby.

Snubbies are a lot of fun to shoot in general. All that is really required is to watch a few episodes of Hawaii 5.0 with Jack Lord or Tango and Cash. Just dont try to shoot those mega powerful - Semi truck stopping loads Sly used in your undercover or Of Duty. and remember .... Rambo..... is a Puss.
David Vincent
500+ Rounds Club. Zamak Hoarding Weird+

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:59 am

What I meant was, the Off Duty was a budget version of the Undercover. The Undercovers of the 1960's and 70's could look really nice, especially with the case colored hammers and triggers. You could tell that their production staff were experienced at making guns. The current models are designed to be more mass production friendly and have a rougher metal finish but are still quality guns.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:29 pm

FergusonTO35 wrote:What I meant was, the Off Duty was a budget version of the Undercover. The Undercovers of the 1960's and 70's could look really nice, especially with the case colored hammers and triggers. You could tell that their production staff were experienced at making guns. The current models are designed to be more mass production friendly and have a rougher metal finish but are still quality guns.

sorry about that it was my mistake. I meant to say that i dont think the off duty was necessarily a budget model just all steel and heavier than the undercover. I wouldnt stick my nose up to them.

Yeah my under cover is neat looking. I like the non shrouded ejector snubbies. i will pull mine out later and make some observations. i am not a big revolver guy yet though. Getting better. i actually really like double action revolvers but for some reason never got into it. Same goes for lever action rifles.

Nobody has experience with the armscor 38s?
David Vincent
500+ Rounds Club. Zamak Hoarding Weird+

Postby 84minieldo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:09 pm

went to the range..still workin right
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Previous

Return to Inexpensive guns that are not SNS, including Taurus, Charter, Kel-tec, Rossi......