Star Model BM

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Star Model BM

Postby Whiterook » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:31 pm

Picked up a Star Model BM from Buds for $199.99. Couldnt pass it up, love surplus pistols plus my grandmother is from Barcelona! I was very impressed with mine. Some worn bluing but internals were excellent and bore was mint after cleaning. Can't wait to shoot it. I'd like another mag and a holster!
Whiterook
Gunslinger

Re: Star Model BM

Postby Flowmaster » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 am

They're neat guns. They used to have Interarms commercial imports of that model in the 90s. Don't dry fire them a bunch though because the firing pins break.

The guy who used to do the gunsmithing/repairs for Interarms used to have a gunsmithing business right near the old Interarms headquarters in Alexandria, VA (just outside of DC, basically in my back yard) When Interarms closed, that gunsmith got all of the spare parts that Interarms had set aside for warranty claims on their Star, Astra, Llama pistols as well as some older Rossi imports. He used to work on those guns day in and day out for years. He then moved down to Alabama because rent was outrageous in Old Town Alexandria and now operates his gunsmithing business from his residence in Alabama. The last time I talked to him he had originals and some stronger aftermarket firing pins that he had made from better quality steel.

If you need to get a Star pistol repaired, that guy is who you want to talk to. His business is M&M Gunsmithing.

With all the BMs that have come onto the market in the past year or so, I bet he's going to get a lot of business.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Whiterook » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am

Thanks! I've read that about the firing pins. Seems the barrel link is another potential issue. I probably won't be shooting this a ton, but may make a decent hiking/camp pistol.

They are interesting little pistols.
Whiterook
Gunslinger

Postby Whiterook » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Well, took it out...one mag through and the barrel link broke!
Whiterook
Gunslinger

Postby adam01364 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 pm

Oh, man! That stinks.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Inexpensive guns that are not SNS, including Taurus, Charter, Kel-tec, Rossi......