Taurus 24/7

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Taurus 24/7

Postby FarmallB » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of shooting a Taurus 24/7 in .45. I was expecting a real wrist snapper, but it was actually a pleasure to shoot. The pistol was bought by my mother-in-law in a private party sale. I think she paid $180 for it and I'm pretty sure it had never been shot. That fact was confirmed by a relative of the seller.

She actually bought it about a year ago and hadn't shot it yet. She let me take it to the range where I put a box of 50 rds through it and it performed well and had fairly good groupings at 10 yds.

I don't know much about the 24/7 model. It is sort of "glock-ish" looking. Does anybody out there have any knowledge of theses? I really enjoyed the shooting experience
FarmallB
Hardcore

Re: Taurus 24/7

Postby jeffchance » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:05 pm

I've sold a couple of the PT111's and the G2 versions but never shot any of them. One customer complained the trigger had to be pulled almost completely to the rear (no overtravel) before it fired. Other than that, no first hand experience.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Stik » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 pm

I really like the OSS version of the 24/7, but after the recall I won't leave it in the cocked position. If I had one that was previously used I think I'd disassemble it and carefully inspect the sear assembly.
Stik
Hardcore

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:44 pm

I believe one of the Taurus Millenium 45s just got discontinued. A bunch of them hit Budsgunshop and KY Gun co, probably as closeout deals. I've never shot one but I've sold a few at the shows and none of them have ever come back to complain, so I guess that's a good thing.

They do feel really good in the hand. Mags are a little tricky to find and can be expensive, but wow does that gun feel nice to hold.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:14 pm

typical taurus quality which is good most of the time. i have never had a bad taurus which is funny if you believe all the nightmare stories on the net.

for the original 24/7 guns. long double action with a pretty epic reset. accurate and reliable with the full size and millinium i shot though. I liked them. Typical striker fired glock ripoff for the most part with a longer, heavier trigger pull (which i like) and reset.

IMO the s&w sigma 3rd revisions were far superior and usually can be found cheaper with a lot more availability of parts due to high sales and LE contracts. No 45acp in those though. My sigma 9mm, 40s&w, and 357sigs have all been very accurate.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Return to Inexpensive guns that are not SNS, including Taurus, Charter, Kel-tec, Rossi......