Another Kel-Tec on the way

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Another Kel-Tec on the way

Postby FergusonTO35 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Well, I'm back in the .32 Auto game. I sold my .32's a couple of years ago to pay off bills but kept my molds, brass, and boolits. Since that time, I have felt like my arsenal has a yawning chasm in it that the .380's just can't fill. Stopped in a pawn shop today and they had a LNIB Kel-Tec P32 under the glass for $200.00 so I layawayed it. I'm looking forward to bailing it out, planning to try Clays in it.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Another Kel-Tec on the way

Postby Banned for Life » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Almost bought a p32 but the amt backup 380 drew me in a little more.

One of these days though!
Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

Postby FergusonTO35 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:34 pm

You never see used P32's for sale around here, much less LNIB. It even still has all the bluing on the bolt face, a bit of copper staining in the bore is the only sign it has been fired.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:04 pm

P32s are good little pocket guns. If they had steel mag catches and second strike capabities they would be almost perfect. Its one of the few good guns keltec makes that are durable.

P32s and P11s are two guns that keltec sets the bar IMO. I am a big fan of the P11 especially. Both are somewhat forgotten and overlooked gems on the firearms market. Parts are cheap and easily available.....been made for a long time....great aftermarket accessories etc. etc.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby FergusonTO35 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Yep, totally agree. I did replace the mag catch on my old one, the sharp edge of the mag catch slot will eventually wear it out. I think on this one, I may try putting a dab of JB weld on it in this area. JB Weld is pretty hard once it sets up.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:24 pm

its too bad nobody makes a steel mag catch for P32s. Twisted industries has an aluminum one but it really needs to be steel. The first thing I do whenever I pick up another p11 is drop in a stainless mag catch. Then I put in a RTK trigger to deal with the overtravel because I cannot hit with them with the factory overtravel on the oem trigger.

Its strange that none of the other clone companies put out a 32. Taurus used to have one but they dumped it and went strictly with the 380. Ruger never had one. Beretta dropped its 32acp conversion for the PIco. 32acp out of these guns is really the superior choice IMO. It makes them shootable, controlable, easier accuracy and the the balistic advantage between 32 and 380 out of these small pistols is practically nill. Somehow this notion of 380 being so much better than 32 out of micro pocket pistols has stuck and folks treat 32acp like its not effective. I still wish the 32naa would have taken off. That was a pretty wicked pocket pistol round.

Good thing is you have a Keltec. Parts are never a problem and are innexpensive from the factory. The major components such as slide and barrel are made from very quality steel so failures are rare. Subframes hold up. Plastic grips hold up. They are just really well designed pistols. I cant say that about the PF9 and the PMR. KT has kind of gone down a level in those pistols IMO. Lots of problems in those guns in almost every way.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby FergusonTO35 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Yep, agree totally. .32 Auto is a much better choice in a gun this size/
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:01 am

Thought I should finally update. I bailed out the P32 last week, took way longer than normal because I'm still recovering from sky high electric bills. I get to looking at this thing and I think I am the first person the field strip it since it left the factory. Pulling the slide back is noticeably stiff as is removing the takedown pin. The insides are very clean, no powder residue or even any oil. The breech face is pristine, this is the first area to show wear or finish loss in my experience. The slide rails on the frame have 100% finish too. As far as I'm concerned, this is a new gun previously sold at retail. I'm going to roll up some loads for it, hopefully I can give it a try soon.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Someday, I hope to run across a P32 that has manged to find it's way to mAssachusetts.

What's with your electric bills?
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Wed May 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Somebody probably either tried it and didn't like it or that's just a little copper/brass on it from test firing at the factory.

I never ever see used P32s. One of the gun dealers I help out on the weekends just did a deal buying a bunch of evidence locker guns out of a police department and there is a P32 in there. I mean if I didn't already carry one daily I'd probably buy it.

My P32 is great. It doesn't have the power of a 380, but that's OK for me. I have fast and rather accurate follow up shots and more capacity than a similarly sized 380. I did have an issue with the pin walking out of the side of it. Golden Loki used to have an amazing set of tutorials on how to do little custom mods to various Kel Tec guns but I think his website is down now.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Next

Return to Inexpensive guns that are not SNS, including Taurus, Charter, Kel-tec, Rossi......