Taurus Spectrum

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Taurus Spectrum

Postby Flowmaster » Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Has anyone bought or shot a Taurus Spectrum yet? They Are out and in pretty good numbers too. It seems so much more smooth in exterior appearence than the TCP it is replacing.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Taurus Spectrum

Postby David Vincent » Mon May 07, 2018 11:25 pm

I like the streamline aspects of it but the rubber panels kind of turn me off. I handled one but no shooting experience. All in all its seemed ok. Nothing that made me want to buy one. Most of the pocket 380s dont get me excited. I still think the best choice is a keltec p11 modified to your liking...trigger upgrade etc. Then you have good balistics, parts availability, 15rd backup mags, innexpensive plinking ammo, and superior durability to most of the new junk they throw at us. Plus P11s have been around for over 20 years so they are time tested.

Lazy carry practices are a little tougher because they are a little larger all around but nothing that cant be done. I pocket carry a p11 sometimes. I just had to make slightly bigger pockets and used neoprene for they outer side of the pocket to reduce printing. Also... any clothing with a patern be it camo or whatever else hides printing even if it is a problem.

Nobody looks anyways. From what I see every day nobody looks at people anymore as they are to busy playing with their phones. This also has conditioned them to not be able to make eye contact. They either stare at the ground or gaze into space.

I would hold off on the spectrum a little. Lots of reports of light strikes. I am sure taurus or an aftermarket company will rectify the situation eventually shortly before taurus discontinues it LOL.

I like old school though. Most of the newer guns I test out either dont work or more often dont last without parts breakage. I still have an old charter arms undercover I carry made in the 70s with thousands of rounds through it and it works like a champ, makarovs that never fail, 8mm magnum and 9mm para Tokarevs that just work, and ruger p series guns with durability and reliability which puts newer guns to shame. I carry a few more modern guns as well though. The old sigmas are excellent guns in my hands.

back to the spectrum..... personally I think the tcp was a better pistol overall but the spectrum is smoother. I almost started jumping on TCPs for bugs but taurus discontinued them and pulled all the spare parts from there website. These days I wont buy guns I cant get spare parts for. SNS guns have spoiled me in that aspect.

Now I say all this and then a month from now I will run across a good deal on a spectrum and pick one up LOL. So in conclusion I would say they have excellent potential for pocket carry assuming it works, holds up, and you can get it dialed in. There is not much much to get hung up. I put the one I handled in and out of my pockets a few times and it was nice. It reminded me of the old baby sigma 380s with a rounded off slide.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Re: Taurus Spectrum

Postby Flowmaster » Wed May 09, 2018 4:30 pm

I can't stand the lock on the side of it. I can't help but look at that abomination of an otherwise streamlined design every time I see it.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Inexpensive guns that are not SNS, including Taurus, Charter, Kel-tec, Rossi......