Dirt cheap brand new Kel Tec PF9's for sale online

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Dirt cheap brand new Kel Tec PF9's for sale online

Postby Flowmaster » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:55 am

I was just cruising around online and found Kel Tec PF9 pistols for sale really cheap so I thought I'd share the deal with you folks. Gunprime is a legit website, I've ordered from them before. Their FFL is Birmingham pistol something or other.
https://gunprime.com/product/keltec-pf- ... rd-pistol/
$159 plus $20 shipping for me. Even with someone paying an FFL transfer you're still at just over $200.

I've shot one and they're not exactly a range toy to shoot for hours on end, but that's pretty inexpensive for a really small 9mm gun. There were complaints on the older ones (that had plastic magazine releases) having the mag release wear down and eventually cause the mags to fall out of the gun during recoil, but it looks like the new ones have metal mag releases to solve that problem.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Dirt cheap brand new Kel Tec PF9's for sale online

Postby farmkid » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 am

I had one, and agree that it's a great price (yes, still available months after the original post). Yeah, a bit rough at the range because of the narrow profile and I switched to a SCCY CPX-2 for the added capacity. And the greater width is plus for comfort if not for concealability. But I can't fault anyone who goes for the PF9.
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:16 am

Pricing sounds good!! However I do not like polymer fire arms, I prefer metal over plastic frames! :roll:
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby bumthum » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:19 pm

I know there's a price difference, but how do these compare with the Ruger LC9/EC9? I have an earlier Keltec pistol in .40 S&W (P-40?) and it is horrible to fire.
bumthum
Hardcore

Postby Flowmaster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:58 am

The trigger is better on the new EC9S and LC9S because they are striker fired. Its a shorter trigger that releases the striker rather than a long trigger working a hammer like you have on the Kel Tec.

Make sure when you're looking at an LC9 that it's an LC9S because the S means striker fired. The older LC9 models (non S) have an internal hammer much like the Kel Tec PF9 and will have the same long double action trigger that the Kel Tec PF9 has.

These Kel Tec PF9s aren't selling at the gun shows here in Virginia. We have been taking them to shows since February and only sold one of them for $200 plus tax. I really thought they would sell better considering the price. Other guns in the $200ish 9mm range are SCCY pistols, Diamondback DB9, and Taurus G2C.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Rimlock » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:43 pm

My PF9 works great with Hornady 9mm Lite which is a 100 grain low recoil offering which feels like shooting a .380
Rimlock
GUN NUT!

Return to Inexpensive guns that are not SNS, including Taurus, Charter, Kel-tec, Rossi......