Official Forum Mag ID thread started by Kf7Mjf. Please add

Please remember to thank Pockets our "Gun Tech Guru" for creating the Gun Tech forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Official Forum Mag ID thread started by Kf7Mjf. Please add

Postby kf7mjf » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:02 pm

So a couple weeks ago, I was rooting through a big box o' mags with Farmkid at a LGS. Lots of mags, some I recognized, some I didn't. There were a number I spotted as Lorcin mags, a couple I now think were Davis mags, and some I knew were SNS mags but had no clue for what.

So that got me thinking, this group here has a pretty huge collection of different mags. Perhaps if we all photographed our mags, it could be assembled into a handy ID tool.

What see doing is photographing the top of the mag, the full length of the mag next to a ruler to show size, and the baseplate of the mag, as well as any other odd features, and then indicate the gun, capacity and caliber. Through this, I bet we can have nearly every SNS mag ID'd and have a very valuable resource.
kf7mjf
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Re: Mag ID thread?

Postby adam01364 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Great idea! :D
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Mag ID thread?

Postby Flowmaster » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

I just LOVE identifying magazines. I do it at pawn shops and gun shops all the time. The best is when there are just boxes of junk at gun shows and you can root through them.

Edit: Here are pics. I'm taking care of a deceased friend's gun collection, so I had a bunch to take pictures of this evening.
The unmarked one is a Bernardelli 25acp extended magazine. They also made one that fit flush with the bottom of the grip.
I hope these pics can help somebody.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to 'GUN TECH'. GUN TECH - Diagrams, Manuals, Catalogs, and Information Links