Folding single shot 22 pistol from Trailblazer Firearms

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Folding single shot 22 pistol from Trailblazer Firearms

Postby Flowmaster » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:56 pm

I just saw this and thought I'd share it with the pocket pistol community here.
https://www.ammoland.com/2017/08/trailb ... z4oq090hAm
I also saw an article about it on thefirearmblog but their little blurb didn't have such nice pictures.

The gun seems pretty cool, sort of like the old Stinger pen pistols. The price is steep though, with an MSRP of $399.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Folding single shot 22 pistol from Trailblazer Firearms

Postby adam01364 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:43 am

I like the size, but the price? Wooooo!
(Although it is a lot less expensive than a Braverman / Stinger pen gun.)
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Nice, but... if they would lower the price and raise the caliber!!! :roll:
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby pockets » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:05 am

It's cute, but even buying it for giggles seems kind of expensive at $400 .
There are simply too many better options out there already. Except for pen guns, I do not get the attraction of folding pocket pistols.

Trailblazer is: 3.375" long, 2.125" high and .50" thick.......with 1 round of .22LR available.
Keltec P3AT is: 2.75" long, 3.5" high, and .77" wide......with 7 rounds of .380acp available.
Not much difference in size, but which would you rather have in your pocket?

If you must have a .22LR; A standard NAA mini-revolver holds 5 rounds of .22LR, is far smaller, and costs a lot less.

BTW: a Sedco is about the same size as the Trailblazer...and also has one shot of .22LR (with 6 in reserve if you can get the slide to work). 8-)
POCKETS
"adventures are not all pony-rides in May-sunshine"
pockets
Gun Tech Lord. Master of GUN TECH - Diagrams, Manuals, Catalogs, and Information Links

Postby adam01364 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:36 am

pockets wrote:BTW: a Sedco is about the same size as the Trailblazer...and also has one shot of .22LR (with 6 in reserve if you can get the slide to work). 8-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:37 pm

While helping out at the gun shows, I have sold a few of the 22LR NAA revolvers for $220 each. That's a long way away from the $400 MSRP they want for the Trailblazer. I wonder what the actual price of these guns will be? Maybe $350 to start off and then down to $300? A lot of guns have rather high suggested retail and sell for far lower than that number. Like the S&W SD9VE. They've got a suggested retail of $389 and they're sold for $100 less than that all over the place. There's hope for a lower price on this Trailblazer but I do have to agree with many others who think it needs a larger caliber and a lower price.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:34 am

Neat little gun, don't think I'm gonna get one though.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby jakebrake » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:21 pm

tell the robber, "wait...let me take out my wallet, remove this thing, unfold it, and hope I hit with my lone bullet"....

like the kids way back when with butterfly knives. midway through the guy with the stiletto had sliced him 4 times before it was open.
jakebrake
Gunslinger

Postby Admin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:41 am

If they don't trust us with guns, how can we trust them with the government?

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen". Samuel Adams,
Admin
Site Admin

Postby FergusonTO35 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:01 am

Wow, now that actually looks alot more useful. Shouldn't be a problem to make it as an SBR that ordinary people can buy.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Next

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.