More back work

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: More back work

Postby jeffchance » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:44 am

Depends on your point of reference. I could lose 20 pounds and be better.
Quit smoking 6 months ago and was on pain pills 3 months before surgery so added a few then.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:50 pm

well I could give you all kinds of tips but its just a waste of time if your not motivated. Thats why I suggest walking...its easy (assuming ice has melted). The weight loss is a given because all that fat puts major stress not only on your core but everything below as well. Walking does some other things as well to stimulate healing.

I went through debilitating back issues for over 10 years in my late 20s to early thirties. Doctors wanted to cut me, told me I had such and such disease and conditions, give me drugs etc. I would get so bad I couldnt walk for four days at a time and be trapped in bed. Pure hell that I wouldnt wish on anyone.

Did some research on my own and have not had a back problem in 5 years. I run 4-8 miles three to four times a week now.

Careful with those "doctors".

You might look into Keto for an eating style. I experiments and lost 80lbs in 6 months with basically zero activity. I thought I needed to lose 40lbs LOL. You dont realize how much dead weight you have on you until you loose it. That took a lot of strain off my back and then I was able to start doing exercise.

the human body is an amazing thing. Problem is we develop habits and diets that screws around with its natural ability to heal itself.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby FergusonTO35 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 am

Glad to see you gave up the ciggies, Jeff. Quitting would be easy if they weren't so damn enjoyable!
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:47 am

FergusonTO35 wrote:Glad to see you gave up the ciggies, Jeff. Quitting would be easy if they weren't so damn enjoyable!

LOL. Thats for sure. Ferg are you a smoker?
David Vincent

Postby FergusonTO35 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:27 pm

I guess you could say I'm a part time smoker. I'll have a couple on the way to work and at lunch each weekday. I don't smoke at home or on the weekends, nor do I smoke when I'm on vacation. I can go without smoking just fine, but I really do enjoy them. I turn 40 this year and I have decided I'm going to leave the cancer sticks behind for good no later than my birthday. Maybe once in a great while I'll have a good cigar but nothing else from that point forward. I used to drink alot of beer too, there was a point in my 20's when I was slamming at least a six pack a night every day. Nowadays, I can count on one hand the number of drinks with alcohol I consume in a years time. Drinking and smoking is fun but it catches up with you exponentially as you get older. Heart problems run in both sides of my family so I think 2018 would be a good year put smoking in the rear view as well.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:02 pm

FergusonTO35 wrote:I guess you could say I'm a part time smoker. I'll have a couple on the way to work and at lunch each weekday. I don't smoke at home or on the weekends, nor do I smoke when I'm on vacation. I can go without smoking just fine, but I really do enjoy them. I turn 40 this year and I have decided I'm going to leave the cancer sticks behind for good no later than my birthday. Maybe once in a great while I'll have a good cigar but nothing else from that point forward. I used to drink alot of beer too, there was a point in my 20's when I was slamming at least a six pack a night every day. Nowadays, I can count on one hand the number of drinks with alcohol I consume in a years time. Drinking and smoking is fun but it catches up with you exponentially as you get older. Heart problems run in both sides of my family so I think 2018 would be a good year put smoking in the rear view as well.

good luck. Dont get fat LOL. have you ever tried the vapor?
David Vincent

Postby FergusonTO35 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Dont get fat LOL.

Too late. :oops:

have you tried the vapor?

Not planning to. Without exception, every person I know who switched to vapor is even more hooked on that stuff than they were on real cigs. Sometimes I chew nicotine gum, when I give up cigs for good I'll probably use it for awhile as a crutch.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:30 pm

FergusonTO35 wrote:
Dont get fat LOL.

Too late. :oops:

have you tried the vapor?

Not planning to. Without exception, every person I know who switched to vapor is even more hooked on that stuff than they were on real cigs. Sometimes I chew nicotine gum, when I give up cigs for good I'll probably use it for awhile as a crutch.

yeah the vapor can be hard to give up but you can play around with nicotine levels to ween yourself off. Big benefit is you can go run/ exercise and it doesnt effect you. Best thing I ever did going to the vapor.
David Vincent

Postby FergusonTO35 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 pm

I don't doubt that it is less harmful. I guess you could say I just enjoy smoking, it's not just feeding a vice. I already smoke ultra light cigs so I'm not getting much nicotine anyhow. If anything, the gum is a lot stronger.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby jeffchance » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:23 pm

Went back to the VA on Friday and have been officially released :D :D
Just have to be smart in doing things so as not to injure any more stuff.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

PreviousNext

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.