Dick's Sporting Goods expelled from NSSF (it's about time!)

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Dick's Sporting Goods expelled from NSSF (it's about time!)

Postby adam01364 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:56 am

MAY 4, 2018 / NSSF EXPELS DICK’S SPORTING GOODS

NEWTOWN, Conn. — The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industries, Board of Governors today unanimously voted to expel Dick’s Sporting Goods from membership for conduct detrimental to the best interests of the Foundation.

Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired a Washington D.C.-based government affairs firm, for “[l]obbying related to gun control.” Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Edward W. Stack announced earlier this year the retail chain would end sales of modern sporting rifles, voluntarily raise the age to 21 to purchase firearms in their stores and called for more restrictive legislation. Dick’s later announced they would destroy the remaining modern sporting rifle inventory. NSSF responded that business decisions should be individually made, but was nonetheless disappointed and the decision does not reflect the reality of the vast majority of law-abiding gun owners.

Link: https://www.nssf.org/nssf-expels-dicks-sporting-goods/
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods expelled from NSSF (it's about tim

Postby FergusonTO35 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:46 am

Yep, that company is living up to its name. They have a right to not sell certain guns if they choose not to, I respect that. However, destroying the guns is a slap in the face to gun people. Also, raising the purchase age to 21 is going to put another barrier to young adults getting involved in shooting and hunting. Screw 'em.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Sat May 05, 2018 12:05 pm

I wonder if Dicks Founder who was the father of Edward Stack is flipping in his grave over his sons ruining of his company? :shock: :evil:
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby Flowmaster » Sun May 06, 2018 6:03 pm

I never really bought anything there, just door buster deals on ammo or optics on black Friday. I'm not going back.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Mon May 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Good. It opens up oportunities to local gun shops which is who we need to be supporting anyways.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby adam01364 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:35 am

^^^This^^^
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Tue May 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Me too!!! Back in my gun buying days I prefered using the Local Gun shops. Later on I would add online auctions so I could get guns never available locally. :D :D :D
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:00 am

I wonder if we will see any indication that their profits drop?
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:39 am

Mossberg just announced they will no longer deal with Dicks. Now that is going to hurt them, as it removes the main supplier of pump shotguns in the USA from their offerings. Mossy has alot of fans, and I bet they are going to avoid that place too. I am one of them, got a 500 and 464.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Now all we need is for the ammo manufacturers to follow suit...
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Next

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.