Hey All... Been a while

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Hey All... Been a while

Postby bitsman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Have not visited for some time.. Hoping to be more regular now... Had to liquidate a good deal of my collection... Medical bills and such... Trying to rebuild at this point.. Anyways... Just thought Id say hello again... did buy a few new ones.. Pretty good deals... Actually finally got my 1911... Anyone know anything about OLD.. REALLY REALLY OLD colt revolvers?... Hope everyone has been well...
"You broke into my house, Stole my property, Murdered my Servants and my pets, And that is what GRIEVES me the most" Can you name the movie????

"Remember Ladies.... If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything..."
bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Re: Hey All... Been a while

Postby jeffchance » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Good to see you back here. :D
Can't help with the revolvers, though.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:32 am

Good to see you back, sorry to hear about the reasons behind the liquidation. What's the story on the Colt?
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 am

Welcome back bitsman!!! Sorry you had to sell off your collection. :o
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby bitsman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:53 pm

adam01364 wrote:Good to see you back, sorry to hear about the reasons behind the liquidation. What's the story on the Colt?

It's a Colt m1877 in 38 Colt black powder round... According to Colt it was made in 1887... For being 130+ years old it's in not too had shape. Was called the Lightening.. pretty much a wall hanger at this point I think. Convo piece... Its an old Colt... that alone gives it some minimal value ... Based on what I have been able to figure out it might be worth $200-$250..maybe slightly more to the right collector. Someone waived $225 under my nose I'd probably take it. Neat little piece of history I think. On
"You broke into my house, Stole my property, Murdered my Servants and my pets, And that is what GRIEVES me the most" Can you name the movie????

"Remember Ladies.... If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything..."
bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby bitsman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Papa G wrote:Welcome back bitsman!!! Sorry you had to sell off your collection. :o

Yeah... Time to start the rebuilding process... Local pawn has a pretty nice chrome Lorcin 22 I have been eyeing. Not willing to deal on it yet...

bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.