Washington State: another nail in the coffin

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Washington State: another nail in the coffin

Postby farmkid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:43 pm

Our Washington State initiative I-1639 is bad in so many ways (not to mention that it was on the ballot illegally), yet is apparently passing here in Washington. Though I live in a fatally blue state, I never expected that its restrictions would exceed in stupidity some of those in California:

"Any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge."

Henceforth, my Mossberg 60 will be classified like -- and subject to the same registration and taxing as -- an AK. (And that's not to endorse the regulations for the AK.)

There's a bunch more, but that's the worst of it. This will mean, of course, costly court contests for the citizens here (and civil disobedience by those like me), but the state sinks evermore into larger and more intrusive government with little regard to the Bill of Rights.

So, how are things over there in Idaho, Jeff? (Looking at Coeur d'Alene.)
A PERFECT WORLD: start with the fifties, remove racial segregation, insert internet. Factor Edsels to the power of 3 and multiply by Tom Terrific. Paradise!
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Washington State: another nail in the coffin

Postby Papa G » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:11 am

When I lived in New Jersey, the state is flooded with anti-gun laws, and liberals. I was so happy that my job moved to Kentucky and took employees too.
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby adam01364 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:24 pm

farmkid wrote:So, how are things over there in Idaho, Jeff? (Looking at Coeur d'Alene.)

What are real estate prices like in Coeur d'Alene?
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby jeffchance » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Not real sure as that is northern Idaho and we are west central but ANYWHERE in the state is better than what is going on around us.
Even the few areas that have a heavy religious content.
Our recent election, in my opinion, went on with the "good old boys" continuing to run things.
We are close to dead last in the nation on school funding, too.
It ain't perfect but it is still a great place to live.
Would be happy to have you here.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby farmkid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:12 am

Well, I-1639 passed, so while I'm making no rash decisions, I'm evaluating my options.

On another topic, I'm really sad, as my boat just sank last week.
A PERFECT WORLD: start with the fifties, remove racial segregation, insert internet. Factor Edsels to the power of 3 and multiply by Tom Terrific. Paradise!
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby farmkid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:19 am

jeffchance wrote:Not real sure as that is northern Idaho and we are west central but ANYWHERE in the state is better than what is going on around us.

Thanks. I've been checking real estate values, other cost of living considerations, Idaho laws, and anything else that I can think of. But what you said: what is going on around Idaho is probably worse than anything there. That, plus Coeur d'Alene seems to be a good place. And while nowhere in Idaho is close, it's the most convenient point from which to reach my relatives and friends back in the blighted Puget Sound area.
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby jeffchance » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:34 am

On another topic, I'm really sad, as my boat just sank last week.

Was that the one you had stuff stored on? ;)
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby farmkid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:33 pm

jeffchance wrote:Was that the one you had stuff stored on? ;) JEFF

Yep. I'm devastated, and I don't think that my insurance is going to pay for a dang thing. Fortunately, I should be able to recover everything if I reach Idaho. ;)
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.