Are they going under?

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Are they going under?

Postby Dave_H » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:03 pm

I've seen nothing of Cobra or Jimenez lately. The place I usually order through always had something of theirs listed on their website.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Re: Are they going under?

Postby farmkid » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:02 am

I don't know, though I never see much from Cobra around here. On the other hand, I have seen a few Jimenez around at shows lately.
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Jimenez has a ton of Cerakote colors and new laser engraving on the slides. So they're at least doing something new. Cobra on the other hand, I know they were not doing well in their lawsuit. Their website was a straight dumpster fire for a while there, but when I emailed them months ago the woman who responded said they were still indeed making firearms.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Ohio06 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Well I scored a TCP for under 100 on gunbroker. Even new ruger lc9s and lcp are going for maybe 50 bucks more than the Jiminez. I think with modern technology the line between the junk gun and the budget price name brand gun is very blurred. No more confined to gunships, pawn shops and gun shows you can price compare from the comfort of home. Still, I miss taking a Friday off work and hitting the pawn shops. Got some good deals in the day.
Ohio06
Ohio06
Gunslinger

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:43 pm

The huge problem with trying to sell a brand new SNS gun today is that there are other guns in the $200 or less price range now. The competition is really closing in on their sub-$200 market.

The gun market is in the toilet right now. There's no fire lit under anyone's behind to snatch up guns. There is no panic and there is no rush. The result is a lot of guns on the market and not a whole lot of demand for them. With that comes falling prices. The way they're getting guns to move is to sell them cheap, cheaper than the competition. Even if they're selling their guns at cost or close to it, these manufacturers are at least keeping their workers employed until the next big run up. We are truly upon historic lows in gun pricing.

Look at the Taurus Spectrum ($155 from grabagun), Kel Tec PF9 ($157 from mrgundealer), and Ruger LCP ($160 from lockedloaded), all out there for less than $200 said and done. Some of those prices include shipping to your FFL dealer too. So add in a $25-35 FFL fee and you're still out the door under $200.

Pink Diamondback 380s are $148 from guns2ammo. Kel Tec P32 are $149 with free shipping from gunprime and that's a great gun! The Taurus G2C and G2S ($180 from palmetto) are other options for similar money.

SCCY CPX2s ($150 from Palmetto State Armory) are eligible for a $25 rebate, knocking down the price to $125. Sure there's shipping and an FFL transfer fee on your end, but you're still way under $200 out the door for a durable, double stack, 10 round 9mm that isn't Zamak.

Its hard to chose a Jimenez or a Cobra over the competition considering a very similar price. I bet even Hi Point is feeling the heat with other guns entering their at their $160 pricepoint.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:18 pm

No doubt. The current market of low cost polymer framed d.o.a. 9mm and .380's out there is probably why Hi Point is changing the C-9 after all this time.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.