The chair is against the wall & John has a long mustache

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

The chair is against the wall & John has a long mustache

Postby Dave_H » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:42 pm

Virginia is up against it, from what I hear. All manner of draconian gun laws are possible, and most likely probable after the latest election. Many counties have already declared themselves second amendment sanctuaries in preparation. Aside from donating to VCDL, I'm at a loss as to how those of us outside the state can be of much help.
If I had Bloomberg's type of money, I'd be shipping in as many thousands of high capacity magazines as possible for common firearms like AR, AK, Glock, etc, to flood the state before any laws go in to effect.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Re: The chair is against the wall & John has a long mustache

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 am

I live in Virginia. The best part about our situation is that there are so many people and so many counties, police chiefs, etc. that are already openly saying that they will not comply. One sheriff has already said he is willing to deputize thousands if red flag laws are passed.

Overnight it went from one of the most pro-gun states to being somewhere along the lines of Massachusetts, Maryland, and California.

These are some scary times here in Virginia, and the gun shows have shown the panic buying. The guy I help at the shows has sold hundreds of Magpul P-mags since the election.

The blessing here is that we don't have registration (aside from a state-level registration of machine guns), just NFA registry on a federal level. The state doesn't know exactly what people have when it comes to regular title 1 garden variety firearms, but they do know what type of guns people have done background checks for. The way Virginia runs its background checks is through the state police, and then the state police do whatever they need to do for them to give a determination. So the police check their systems and reference NICS, then generate their own approval number to be used on the 4473 and SP65. On the Virginia SP65 form (which is done in addition to the regular 4473), the dealer just puts down what type of item they bought, like a shotgun, a rifle, a revolver, a pistol, or an other/receiver. Aside from that, the state has no idea what rifle that person bought, whether its a 22 rifle or a 50bmg. Also, there is no announcement to the state when someone sells an item to a dealer or privately, so the state has no idea if the person still has ANY of the guns they bought through licensed dealers. They could've turned around and sold them back to that dealer or to another dealer the very same day and the state would never know. So initially, it would be hard to go door-to-door looking for things if the state doesn't even know what they're looking for.

For the time being, private sales of both handguns and long guns are still legal, so is 80% stuff, and ammo can be purchased freely. There is no firearm owners card like Maryland and Illinois have, no waiting period, and no max on how many guns a person can buy from a dealer. People are stocking up.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:08 pm

I heard about that sheriff the other day. I appreciated his stance on this situation. My thoughts on the developing situation are that this is the gun control model for the future. Throw Bloomberg's money around at the local level, and as soon as there is a gun control sympathetic majority, jam stuff through Obamacare style, regardless of consequences.
I live in a bluish county in a red state, so needless to say I can imagine a similar scenario coming in the future.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby Flowmaster » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:42 pm

The number of sanctuary cities/counties is growing. The anti-gun movement appears to be losing traction.

When other states proposed huge gun control measures, I don't remember hearing about their sheriffs vowing to deputize thousands or dozens of counties openly saying they will not enforce new gun laws. Maybe that did happen, but it seems like people in a lot of other states just rolled over and let it happen.

There are a lot of local county board of supervisors meetings this week. 20 of them were tonight actually.

Surprisingly, the NRA was not in attendance at the Fairfax County meeting last week. That's interesting considering the NRA headquarters building is a 6 minute drive from the Fairfax County government center complex (where they hold the meetings) and the NRA happens to be headquartered in Fairfax County, where it's been for decades. I haven't seen the NRA doing anything about Virginia yet, although they did post a rather neutral catch-all statement on Instagram after being DM'd, commented, and tagged by a boatload of 2A supporters in Virginia.

The local group VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League) is doing far more than the NRA on a state level. I bet they will again be a large group at lobby day in Richmond on January 20th, just like they have been for decades.

The governor's Instagram account is getting hundreds of comments with the hashtag #blackriflesoverblackface, in reference to the medschool yearbook showing the governor in black face. The comments are amazing though, with many giving the definition of a tyrant, warning of an upcoming civil war, and that there will be mass disobedience.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:17 am

Yes, I hadn't heard much about the NRA in regards to this. I do know Bloomberg outspent them by a large margin in the past election. In any case I sent the NRA a donation not long after I gave something to the VCDL. This is ground zero of something that could be very ugly. I hope people in other states are paying attention.
Because it can happen here.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby Ohio06 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:26 pm

I am 55 years old with end stage liver disease. I can out live the death penalty and a life sentence is not a deterrent.
Ohio06
Ohio06
Gunslinger

Postby Dave_H » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:37 pm

I suspect a counter protest by Antifa types trying to force some sort of reaction on the lobby day on the 20th, and if anything happens, we all know how the media will run with that particular football.
I'd be surprised if there aren't going to be some of them posing as caricatured versions of pro 2A supporters, to provide a compliant media with the photo ops they'd like to get that day. That might make me sound like Burt Gummer, but if I can think of it, so can they.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby Dave_H » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:20 pm

It'll be interesting to see if the political heat from the 2A sanctuary movement will peel off a few Democrats representing more rural areas, or if they're going to toe the party line Obamacare style.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.