Discontinuing BJJA

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Discontinuing BJJA

Postby adam01364 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:20 am

I originally thought I had the skill set to move the forum onto a new platform with enhancements in order to revive forum activity, but I haven't been able to do that. I've also haven't found anyone within my circle of acquaintances with the ability to pull it off. Paying to have it done would require an infusion of cash - and monitoring the BJJA forum activity over the past twelve months, that just doesn't make sense; there is so little forum traffic*.

When the forum was revived back from oblivion a couple of years ago, a lot of functionality was lost; and the biggest hit BJJA forum took was that no one has the ability to approve new users and no new users means no growth. Moreover, pictures posted on the forum are pretty much dead with the changes brought forward by Photobucket and Tiny Pic no longer allowing free hosting.

The forum will be live for a few more months until the Internet hosting renewal comes up (April 2020).

*The forum traffic I DO see consists of spambots, requiring daily monitoring and deletion of the spammer posts.
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Discontinuing BJJA

Postby Dave_H » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:04 pm

Unfortunate. I was a regular there for a while a decade or so ago on the older forum.This was the friendliest gun oriented forum I was on, whenever I was active online.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby farmkid » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:21 pm

Adam contacted for more details...
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:40 am

Oh man, this sucks. So much tech, so much knowledge.

This has been a really special place on the internet.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby 84minieldo » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:01 pm

Wtf this sucks..big brother wins another,was fun while it lasted, I’ll miss u guys. Wow(just looked at post date/time) most people just say happy new year sarcastically,you woke up on the wrong side of the bed for sure
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby Don » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:00 pm

Very sorry to hear that the forum will soon be defunked. There is no where else on the internet where one can discuss these types of guns without put downs and gun snobs telling you to use your zamak pistol as a boat anchor. I never got judged here just good advise and thoughtful answers. I will continue to espouse the virtues of SNS guns and shoot the ones I have with pride.

Don
Don
Hardcore

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.