Chicago shooting by licensed carrier

CURRENT EVENTS.
Post in the CURRENT EVENTS forum should be post about events less then 2 months old. Older historic events should be posted in the CURRENT EVENTS new Historic sub-forum. Clicking on the CURRENT EVENTS header will lead you to both forum.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Chicago shooting by licensed carrier

Postby farmkid » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:28 pm

You may well have seen this news item about a carry permit holder shooting someone whom he thought was a robber. Early news items used the term "murder", though that has now been dropped.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

I googled and found an information tidbit that I have not yet seen in the media. Though we do not know many details of the event yet, the deceased was certainly an outstanding citizen and pillar of the community:

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/35098673 ... t-in-pearl
A PERFECT WORLD: start with the fifties, remove racial segregation, insert internet. Factor Edsels to the power of 3 and multiply by Tom Terrific. Paradise!
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Chicago shooting by licensed carrier

Postby adam01364 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 am

Outstanding member of the community, like, as in outstanding warrants?
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby farmkid » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:20 pm

adam01364 wrote:Outstanding member of the community, like, as in outstanding warrants?

I don't know. I could find little other information.
A PERFECT WORLD: start with the fifties, remove racial segregation, insert internet. Factor Edsels to the power of 3 and multiply by Tom Terrific. Paradise!
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:48 pm

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/35098673 ... t-in-pearl
What has credit card fraud in Pearl Mississippi got to do with the shooting in Chicago?
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby Flowmaster » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:54 am

I never heard about this on the news. Its funny how certain stories or aspects of certain stories can sort of get buired by members of the media.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby farmkid » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Papa G wrote: What has credit card fraud in Pearl Mississippi got to do with the shooting in Chicago?

Same perp. From the referenced article:

"... Jermaine Marshall entered the Community Bank and presented a fraudulent credit card for a cash transaction. The 20-year-old is from Chicago, Illinois."

I just searched, but could find no later info on the shooter's further legal developments.
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to CURRENT EVENTS. Post in this forum should be post about events less then 2 months old.