soon to be JA 22 owner

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: soon to be JA 22 owner

Postby 84minieldo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Don wrote:Got the JA 22 out to the range for the first time this morning. I shot 64 rounds of CCI Mini Mags and had 4 failures. One was a failure to eject and the other 3 were mis-feeds. That's a failure rate of about 6%. Its not ready for the carry rotation yet but not a bad start. I'm confident that it soon will be completely reliable. Accuracy was good at 10 yards though it shot a tad low but that was easily compensated for by lifting the front sight a tiny bit. Overall I'm happy thus far. Thanks all for your advice and encouragement.

Don

now this is what we like to see

hmm wonder what the response would have been on one of the fancier gun forums..."if u wanna make that work right melt it,flatten it,and cook on it" or just throw it away" or "youll know when it works properly when it blows up when you pull the trigger kills everything within a 50 foot radius"...
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby jeffchance » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:53 pm

I took a new Sig Mosquito out this afternoon to verify the customer's complaint. Could not get through a magazine without malfunctions. Failure to eject, double feeds, failure to extract. Goes to show even the higher priced and higher regarded weapons can fail.

Came back to the shop and reworked the extractor. It was not sitting close enough to the rim for the hook to catch. Took it back out and went through three mags of assorted Remington, Federal, and CCI rounds without a hiccup.

Moral of the story, they are just mechanical devices made by human beings and anything can and will happen. For the most part, they do just what they were designed to do. You don't hear the complaints when that happens.

Don, Glad to hear it went well for you and your new pistol.

JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:31 pm

I've heard a lot of complaints about the Mosquito. Two of the area LGS told not to buy one, which really surprised me since they know I'm a tinkerer.

Don glad it worked for you. I've had a number of J-22s and have always gotten the "problem guns" to work for me. Sometimes after a long time, but eventually. :lol:
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Don » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:22 am

Finally think I worked out the kinks in my JA22. Was giving me fits for awhile with lots of failures but thanks to the folks here I finally got it carry ready. I believe the tweek that set things right was putting a little emery cloth to the top front edge of the magazines. Took it out today and ran cci mini-mags and Remington golden bullets through it and it ran flawlessly. Thanks again guys.

Don
Don
Hardcore

Postby Don » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Replaced the extractor spring on my Jennings J22 that was giving me fits and now its running like a sewing machine as well. Love these SNS pistols.

Don
Don
Hardcore

Postby adam01364 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Extractor springs are probably one of the least expensive items that can cause mega headaches. Glad you got it sorted out!
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Previous

Return to The J-22/JA-22 Forum