I need a J22 Frame

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

I need a J22 Frame

Postby FarmallB » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:35 pm

I need a J22 frame. After years of lurking here on the site, fixing up a friends J22, finding grips at gun shows and just general interest, I'd like to build a working J22. I have all the parts, I just don't have a frame.

I've been looking for just a frame for several years thinking I'd find one somewhere for sale (at gun shows, inquiring at pawn shops, and even swap meets).

So, what is my best bet? I live in TX and would like to find one here in state and buy ftf, and I'd rather not have one shipped through FFLs just for the sake of cost, but that may be my best wat to go.
FarmallB
Hardcore

Re: I need a J22 Frame

Postby 84minieldo » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:43 pm

Gun show! And what part of Texas r u in?
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Maybe call some shops and ask if they have any junk guns they want to get rid of?
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby jeffchance » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Items posted on Gunbroker always have the seller's location.
If you find something you at least know where it's at and can pass if it is across the country.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:36 pm

Gunbroker is the only place I have found frames - and not all that often.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:29 pm

jeffchance wrote:Items posted on Gunbroker always have the seller's location.
If you find something you at least know where it's at and can pass if it is across the country.
JEFF

This advice from Jeff is great. I routinely look on gunbroker for local guns. Go to gunbroker, then click "advanced". sign into your account if you have to. Then scroll down into the "search categories" and select firearms. Then go down a little more and pick the state you're in. Then scroll back up and hit "search". It'll show you all the firearms for sale in your state. What I usually do (because I'm cheap) is I sort by price with the lowest priced items first. That's where the SNS guns usually show up. Now, on the left column you can choose a subcategory like semiauto pistols. Once you've clicked on that, you can then sort by brand to see what guns of that brand are currently for sale in your state. Click on a few auctions and see if any of them are local.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Flowmaster wrote:
jeffchance wrote:Items posted on Gunbroker always have the seller's location.
JEFF

This advice from Jeff is great. I routinely look on gunbroker for local guns. Go to gunbroker, then click "advanced". sign into your account if you have to. Then scroll down into the "search categories" and select firearms. Then go down a little more and pick the state you're in. Then scroll back up and hit "search". It'll show you all the firearms for sale in your state. What I usually do (because I'm cheap) is I sort by price with the lowest priced items first. That's where the SNS guns usually show up. Now, on the left column you can choose a subcategory like semiauto pistols. Once you've clicked on that, you can then sort by brand to see what guns of that brand are currently for sale in your state. Click on a few auctions and see if any of them are local.

There you go, giving away all my search secrets! :lol:
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FarmallB » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Well, years later I'm still waiting for a J22 frame to drop in my lap. Its the one sns and forum favorite that has eluded me (and my tight budget) over the years. I havent done any real searching other than the occasional gun show and inquiry at my local pawn shops. (seek and ye shall find-I need to seek more!)

I know gunbroker is probably a good way to go but I haven't done that yet.

Are there any Texas resident forum members who might be able to steer me in the right directions?
FarmallB
Hardcore

Postby Mister Sir » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:38 pm

In dfw area. I don't have any connections for a frame tho. I would watch armslist and Texas gun trader.
Mister Sir
Hardcore

Postby adam01364 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:51 am

There's one on Gunbroker. But by the time you pay shipping and FFL fees at your end, it may not be worth it.
Here's the link: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/746770889
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to The J-22/JA-22 Forum