H&r topper 88 12g

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special, NedFall

H&r topper 88 12g

Postby 84minieldo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Single shot 12 gauge, broken transfer bar,$43.17 otd...same shop I got my 1935a from, worked in the area today, stopped by otw the office, asked the boss man (who I dealt with on the 1935a) if he had anything for me, meaning sns broken stuff and he said no,wait I do got an h&r shotgun with a broken transfer bar that I got $40 in,said he'd do the same to get it out of inventory...h&r, cheap as f#*+, top break(technically), and kudos with the boss as far as gettin stuff like this,and keeping me in mind, needless to say I bought it.. Got delayed again,it was after 6 Texas time..oh well new project pics when I get it
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Re: H&r topper 88 12g

Postby 84minieldo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Went and picked it up and look at that I was right, when boss went to grab the shotty he came out also carrying a new looking Haskell!broken mag release on this one, I didn't handle it,didn't need to, told him I want it,but can't til after Christmas,he said he's got $75 in it,I asked y so much, and he said they bought it in the 90's and it's been sitting, he saw it while moving stuff around during my delay and set it to the side to show me when I came in for the h&r, which has a broken transfer bar...anyone on here got one,shoot me a price..pics to come
84minieldo

Postby adam01364 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Those mag releases are getting scarce. You might reach out to Hi-Point.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:03 pm

you can try but last time i checked they were exhausted of the old plastic mag catches.

Best bet is to just break out the files and make one from aluminum, steel...even brass. I bet you could make one just from bending some flat steel stock. Those plastic mag catches were always a weak point on haskells and stallards. They always either break or crack. Its a design flaw in the mag catch itself which tries to act as a spring when its,not a spring. You basically just retaining the magazine with a bent piece of plastic.

I can almost guarantee you that John Conner didnt have a plastic mag catch on his Haskell 45.

Keep an eye on the frame and the barrel on those haskell. The frames crack and the barrels come loose faster than on the 9mms. The 40s are the worst of all three in those areas. 40 s&w is too much for the old haskel squarehead guns. Never had a slide crack on any of them though.
David Vincent
500+ Rounds Club. Zamak Hoarding Weird+

Postby 84minieldo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Like this h&r shotgun, the Haskell will be a purchase all because of this site..it's u guysss fault...more reaching out to the overstock parts guys on here to see if y'all got that transfer bar or if I should just go to numrich or watch for parts auction with one
84minieldo

Return to "Trade Brand Name" Shotguns/"Store Brand Name" Shotgun".