bluejacket # 1 3/4?

Top Break Revolvers and Suicide Specials: Many were poorly made all were basic, inexpensive, simple guns which sold at modest prices . “Suicide Specials" were the "Saturday Night Specials” of their day and age. Beginning in the late 19th century, a huge number of these were sold through various retail outlets. Examples are Iver Johnson, Harrington & Richardson, and (H & R Firearms)

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special, NedFall

bluejacket # 1 3/4?

Postby jakebrake » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:20 pm

maybe I'm reading that model number wrong.

does anyone know if parts for bluejackets are still available?

yes, I have one, no...it doesn't work right. I'd kind of like to get it running.
jakebrake
Gunslinger

Re: bluejacket # 1 3/4?

Postby adam01364 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:51 pm

Is it a Hopkins & Allen? Pics are helpful
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby 84minieldo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:46 am

Is it this one? http://www.nramuseum.com/guns/the-galle ... olver.aspx interesting read also, too bad we weren't around back then to rank quality based on time period and man. facs.
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby jakebrake » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:37 pm

almost identical.

mine is engraved (no comment), has a front sight, and the top of the frame doubles as a rear sight notch (like the older s&w revolvers.

belonged to my grandfather (I have to assume forever ago).

I have the urge to get it running, and maybe shoot it. (although, I get the feeling it's gonna be a pricey and long road to make a shooter of it)
jakebrake
Gunslinger

Postby Admin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:33 am

What's wrong with the one you have?
Mr SNS
If they don't trust us with guns, how can we trust them with the government?

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen". Samuel Adams,
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Top Break Revolvers and Suicide Specials