Any HAM's out there

Do It Yourself.
Show off your skills/projects, and help out your fellow forum members
Please post your DIY post in the appropriate forums listed above. Then post the project here so we can have a quick reference database of DIY projects.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, 356, pockets, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: Any HAM's out there

Postby bitsman » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:55 am

Looks like I am getting a bonus... Before I bought the BF-888's I had won the bidding on a UV-5r... but after waiting 2 days for it to mail I contacted the seller on Ebay and he told me that he could not find the item I won so he refunded my money.. No big deal.. it happens... He contacted me Monday and said he had found the radio and asked if I still wanted it... Told him sure but he would have to wait til the end of the week to get payment... He said there would not be a charge since he kinda screwed up the whole deal to begin with... Soon as it gets here I will have 2 of the BF-888 radios and a UV-5r... along with a couple Cobra bubble pack walmart radios... I think my wireless communication needs are taken care of for a little while at lease.. Just need to figure out how to program everything now....
"You broke into my house, Stole my property, Murdered my Servants and my pets, And that is what GRIEVES me the most" Can you name the movie????

"Remember Ladies.... If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything..."
bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby ace » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:43 pm

Batsman
Check out the websight www.Miklor.com. There is a lot of useful information their pertaining to those models as well as much better owners manuals. I reference back to Information from their all the time, and enjoy the new play toys.
ace
Plinker

Postby jeffchance » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:53 pm

Ace,
That is one of the better sites out there for the Baofeng radios.
It was included in a list I forwarded Bitsman when he first mentioned getting a radio, along with some dedicated Facebook groups.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby bitsman » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:47 am

Radio arrived... Its not a UV-5r.. its a BF-F8+... Same radio pretty much from what I have read... A few minor differences.. Same power settings and use all the same accessories... Its was free so I aint complaining...

I am not on Facebook... Yeah I know probably the only person in the nation that is not... Dont have a Snapchat or Twitter account either...

Been looking at that Miklor site.. Looks like it will help a great deal... Programmed the local Sheriff dispatch into it. Not much activity but living in the sticks thats to be expected I suppose...
"You broke into my house, Stole my property, Murdered my Servants and my pets, And that is what GRIEVES me the most" Can you name the movie????

"Remember Ladies.... If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything..."
bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby 84minieldo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:38 pm

my wife made a facebook for me but ive never logged in and ive only seen it once
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby bitsman » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:15 pm

84minieldo wrote:my wife made a facebook for me but ive never logged in and ive only seen it once

I suppose I should say I am NO LONGER on Facebook.. I was on there for about a year... Found it too be a big waste of time... I wonder how many actual man hours gets wasted on those sites everyday... Its gotta be in the BILLIONS...

bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Postby ace » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:05 pm

Bitsman
Just be careful with programming Emergancy response frequency into it unless you use the computer to program them you will still be able to transmit on those frequencies
ace
Plinker

Postby bitsman » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:22 am

Yeah it is possible... But you still have to press the PTT button...

bitsman
FORUM BENEFACTOR 2016

Previous

Return to DIY Forum