Easy cure for trigger overtravel

Do It Yourself.
Show off your skills/projects, and help out your fellow forum members
Please post your DIY post in the appropriate forums listed above. Then post the project here so we can have a quick reference database of DIY projects.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Easy cure for trigger overtravel

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:04 am

Here is a way to correct trigger overtravel on just about any gun. All you need are some self adhesive rubber or plastic bumpers of the desired size. These are commonly used on the bottom of computers and other objects, I got some 7/16" vinyl bumpers at Ace Hardware for $4.00 and they fit my Kel-Tec P32 perfectly.

"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Easy cure for trigger overtravel

Postby adam01364 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:45 pm

Thanks for passing along the great idea!
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Easy cure for trigger overtravel

Postby Flowmaster » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:32 pm

That's simple, yet effective. I've got some round felt things that you're supposed to put on the bottom of bar stools so they don't scratch up hardwood floors. As long as the adhesive is adequate, they should work fine as overtravel stops. Thanks for sharing this budget-friendly tip.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to DIY Forum