Slide for JA22

Buy, Sell, Trade
This forum is provided to members as a free service. The Forum, Members, Moderators, Owner in no way shape or form indorse the selling, buying or trading of any firearm or ammunition. Further the Forum, Members, Moderators, Owner refuses to be held responsible for any firearm or ammunition transaction between fellow members do so at your own risk. Firearms and ammunition are dangerous products. Their misuse can and will result in injuries and or death. Why would you ever trust a person you don't personally know in a transaction over the internet. Don't do it. If you do partake in a transaction online with someone/member from this forum do so at your own risk. You assume all liability for your actions. Don't blame us.
By posting or responding to post in this forum you acknowledge full responsibility for the natural outgrowth from your personal actions and agree to not hold The Forum, Members, Moderators, Owner responsible for any damages what so ever.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special, Ranch Dog

Slide for JA22

Postby daveindenver » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:39 pm

I'd like another slide for my JA22 that will work perfectly on my 1yr old SNS.

I want to experiment with the new slide (or my existing one) to add a high vis front sight of some kind.
(If anyone has been down this path I'd sure love some pointers!)

Anyone have a JA22 slide for sale. A cheap ugly one is fine as long it functions perfect. Or anyone know where to get used ones at a good price (rather than ordering a new slide from J/A)?
daveindenver
Plinker

Re: Slide for JA22

Postby Flowmaster » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:34 pm

I look on gunbroker for parts kits. There are a couple of gunbusters companies around the country that get guns out of police departments, strip them down, and destroy the frames. They are left with all these parts kits that they put up on gunbroker. If you've never bought anything on gunbroker its sort of like ebay for guns.

eBay has some gun parts but check the prices compared to gunbroker because sometimes parts are cheaper on gunbroker.

I would also like to mess with putting some sights on a J22 or JA22, but I'm concerned that there might not be enough material along the top of the slide to mill out a channel for a new sight. Drilling and tapping the top of the slide for a sight rib might be the way to do it.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby daveindenver » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:35 pm

Thanks!

Yep on ebay, G/B, and even Armslist. Did not know about gunbusters so searching for those.

Yep, not much metal to work with on the slide. I have a friend who is a machinist. He does not know about his next project... yet. Adding a rail.. what an ugly duck that would be. Prototypes are like that.
daveindenver
Plinker

Postby jeffchance » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:01 am

I have one for a Bryco J-22 I can send you for free. The only difference in it is that the JA-22 will let you work the slide with the safety on. The Bryco slot in the slide is shorter thereby locking it when the safety is on. I just verified all this with my JA-22. It would be real easy to extend this if necessary. Also, the Bryco slide is brushed silver color.
If this will do for you, consider it a "Pay it forward". I just got a safety lever this way :D
Shoot me a PM with your address and it will be in the mail Monday.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Jeff is a stand up guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this project turns out. I have a coworker at the gun shows who has a real/day job as a machinist. We have been talking about doing some slide serrations on a J gun for me, but never really explored the possibility of cutting dovetails for sights. Still, I think you should be the first person on here to do custom sights.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby daveindenver » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:59 pm

jeffchance wrote:I have one for a Bryco J-22 I can send you for free. The only difference in it is that the JA-22 will let you work the slide with the safety on. The Bryco slot in the slide is shorter thereby locking it when the safety is on. I just verified all this with my JA-22. It would be real easy to extend this if necessary. Also, the Bryco slide is brushed silver color.
If this will do for you, consider it a "Pay it forward". I just got a safety lever this way :D
Shoot me a PM with your address and it will be in the mail Monday.
JEFF

Super!

Pay it forward --> that the best way to roll.
daveindenver
Plinker

Postby jeffchance » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:44 pm

I'll try to get it out in tomorrow's mail. :D
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby daveindenver » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:36 pm

jeffchance wrote:I'll try to get it out in tomorrow's mail. :D
JEFF

Jeff, got it Friday... "faster than a speeding bullet"! Fantastic! Thanks so much for contributing to the high viz front sight project! Will post pics/comments as I go.
daveindenver
Plinker

Postby jeffchance » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:26 am

Well, the speeding bullet was more like a slow one but glad to be of assistance.
That's the way we do things around here. :D
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade