International Harvester M1 Garand

The Military Surplus Forum is dedicated to military surplus firearms.
This group included actual surplus firearms such as the various models of Mosin–Nagants, Mauser, SKS..... or other antiques, curio & relics, and reproductions. Also included are civilian models of actual military weapons sold to the US civilian market.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

International Harvester M1 Garand

Postby LCPfraTN » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:02 am

The CMP recently announced that they had a few IHC M1 Garand Rifles that would be available for order and a small quantity of Field Grade rifles would be placed in the CMP stores on Thursday 3/19. I happened to be near the South Store on Saturday and decided to stop by when the store opened to see if any of the IHC rifles were still available. There were only about a dozen or so left, but I was able to pick one out from the leftovers that was actually pretty nice for a Field Grade. It has a few minor dings (a little bit of character) but still looks good overall. Someone apparently tried to remove the rack number, so I may give the stock a BLO scrub to make that look a little better. The metal looks very nice with only a few very small light rust spots. And the barrel measurements are MW 2+ and TE 3+. I think I'll keep it...here are a couple of quick pics. :D

ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LCPfraTN
700+ Rounds Club. Official Forum Gun Nut

Re: International Harvester M1 Garand

Postby jeffchance » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Nice piece of history there. Congrats.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:48 pm

Ageed, that's awesome!
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:00 pm

I have a special place in my heart for the M1 Garand rifle. They just feel so good. They feel like quality guns.

The barrel has plenty of life left in it.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby farmkid » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 pm

“The greatest battle implement ever devised.” -- George Patton

Congratulations: you will never regret buying an example of the tool that saved western civilization*.

* For the time being.
A PERFECT WORLD: start with the fifties, remove racial segregation, insert internet. Factor Edsels to the power of 3 and multiply by Tom Terrific. Paradise!
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby LCPfraTN » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:22 am

Thanks guys! This is not my first M1 Garand...I have a few others, but this is my first "Tractor Gun" as they say, and I was pumped when I was able to finally get one for reasonable money.
LCPfraTN
700+ Rounds Club. Official Forum Gun Nut

Return to The Military Surplus Forum.