Does anyone have a T-380?

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Does anyone have a T-380?

Postby Flowmaster » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Has anybody here have a T-380? I saw a few in person at a gun show and they're really slim. I'm thinking about getting one if the reviews on here are favorable. The dealer I was talking to about them said he bought a bunch of T-380s dealer-direct from Jimenez and they have been selling well as an alternative to the JA380.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Does anyone have a T-380?

Postby jeffchance » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:30 pm

None here. sorry.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:32 am

I might have to get one. The dealer I was talking to at the shows recently had sold out of all his T-380s but he was selling them for $140 each plus 6% tax and the $2 background call-in fee for Virginia. That's not a horrible price, but I bet he would do a better price for me.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Rimlock » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Yes, I got one when they first came out. I am happy with it, and would recommend. It is a slim feel compared to the blocky JA-9. I think they are cool guns with some neat design features. I got the silver finish. They have nice sights.
Rimlock
Hardcore

Postby Flowmaster » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 pm

I'm probably going to get one at the next gun show. Sometimes I work out a partial trade for some cash (gas money) and a gun in exchange for a weekend of hanging out selling some guns with a couple of the dealers who set up at the shows.

I really don't need it, but I'm going to hand-pick through my FFL's inventory and try to get one with a neat serial number or the best barrel or something like that.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:04 pm

check out the thickness of the dust cover on the frame. Once that goes the gun is finishes. It is very very thin in that area. Slides tend to be a little fragile as well.

other than that they are pretty decent. bryco used to list them fog 32acp but i have never seen one. if jimenez offered them in 32 i would still buy them.

personal experience i went through 2. first one dust cover cracked between 1000-1200 rounds. second one slide cracked at around 1600. replaced slide then the dust cover went on that as well and i gave up.

while they last they are pretty decent. They are thin and kind of nice for carry. kind of like my tokarevs. accuracy was pretty decent.
David Vincent
500+ Rounds Club. Zamak Hoarding Weird+

Return to Jimenez Pistol Forum