Jimenez Arms First of New color offerings

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: Jimenez Arms First of New color offerings

Postby adare » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:43 pm

So I wanted to buy a polished pistol today and Christy said "we don't have any polished guns any more, our polisher went out of business and just glossy Cerakote is offered"

What to do...
adare
GUN NUT!

Postby Flowmaster » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 am

I heard the exact same thing from one of my bosses at the gun show. He tried to order some polished chrome JA380s because they sell well but they didn't have any. He got the same answer when he asked why he couldn't get chrome guns. Hearing that news makes me really glad I have a chrome one.

That is going to be one way for us to be able to date Jimenez guns years from now. We will be able to say that its chrome so it must have been made before February of 2018. Just something to file away in the back of your minds.

Here are some new color offerings from that email that Jeff sent me. Sorry it took me over a week to get these posted. I started a new job and I've been working a lot.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby jeffchance » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks again Flow, for hosting and posting these.
I'll still pass on those colors and do my own.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 pm

kind of sucks no chrome because it probably the best finish for sealing in the zamak for long term durability. It also gives you the smoothest operating surface as well as easy of cleaning. Oh well... jimenez damaging its own brand yet again.

Next they will probably discontinue all the 22s, 25, and 32s LOL. :roll:

Those that think I am kidding would do well to remember that Pheonix discontinued the Raven in possibly the biggest idiot moves in fireams history. :lol: Dumber than anything colt ever did to their lineup.....and there have been a few for Colt. Cant forget Ruger either.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby adam01364 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Really hard for me to find a SNS in .32 these days. Last one I grabbed was the Davis frame from Flow.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:42 pm

well we at least still have Jimenez 32s and Cobras so they are out there. Actually I cant remember any other 32s made in the SNS zamak categories that are worth a darn so the fact that they are still being produced is great. Would have been nice if cobra would have offered the denalli in 32 but whatever. Next time I am on the phone with one of the techs I am going to bug them about it. Dump the ca380 since they crap out, keep the ca32, and offer the denalli in 32 and 380. All we need is a barrel change. A denali in 32 would be as comfortable to shoot as a raven.

What I dont understand is why all these companies dont ask for our imput. We are clearly the SNS experts on this stuff.

Did you get that davis 32 running? They are nice soft shooting pistols that run well. My only beef with them is the barrels but its more of an issue with 32acp that anything else. The bullet diameter on 32 is all over the map and a lot of rounds keyhole or dont stabalize in that gun (and many other 32 sns guns) resulting in terrible accuracy. I think fiochi was working best for me last time. Magtech was lousy.

Davis 32s are actually built quite a bit better than the bryco jimenez 32s. The davis/cobra are straight up Oversized ravens for the most part. Never had a slide, barrel, or frame failure in the davis/cobra ca32s. I wont shoot the 380 version of that gun anymore after all the issues I had over the years....IE slides cracking, barrels cracking, frames cracking etc. etc. Even after playing around with heavier springs they still woulding hold up. Fatal flaw in that gun chambered in 380 is the frame barrel housing. JA380 has the same flaw.

Back on topic... I wish these companies would stop bragging about all this colorful paint making guns look like my kids LEGOs. Does nobody else do plating in the USA? Sounds like Jimenez is just making things up because they are being lazy and cheap. I would be happy if they would just offer the guns in raw zamak if they are going down this path. make the guns cheaper for us and just leave the guns unfinished if all your going to do is slap some paint on them. Raw zamak looks good and doesnt rust.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby adam01364 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:41 pm

I'd love to get a Denali barrel in .32ACP; I'd swap it out in a heartbeat. I don't understand why they do not offer the Denali chambered that way.
I wonder if Cobra would do a small run of barrels for a few of us fans?
I did get the Davis up and running but it's still wearing a .380 slide. I too like Fiocchi in my SNS, it seems to perform the best.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Previous

Return to Jimenez Pistol Forum