Jimenez new slide markings

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Jimenez new slide markings

Postby Flowmaster » Thu May 10, 2018 6:45 am

It looks like Jimenez has ditched their old rollmark die in favor of an engraver. I'm not sure if its a laser or what, but their new JA22s now say Jimenez Arms Makers of Affordable Firearms right on the slide. That's the slogan they have on their new boxes.

I wish I had a picture, but I was in a gun show that doesn't allow photography. It looked like they had the coatings/finish put on the slides, then engraved them as the engraving was very bright and looked like bare metal showing through in contrast to the finished surface around the lettering.

Has anyone seen the new engraving? I can't find pictures online.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Jimenez new slide markings

Postby Papa G » Thu May 10, 2018 10:32 am

Maybe it was just something that Jimenez did for the display JA-22. I tried an online search also to try and find it I got a heap of pictures, but nothing that fit you description! :)
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby adare » Sat May 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Yes I was at the gun show last weekend and seen a few JA22 in different colors and it looked liked they are lasered. The color that look good to me was the red that really popped.
adare
GUN NUT!

Postby FergusonTO35 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:41 am

I'm glad to see they are trying something new. Still, most people are going to read "makers of affordable firearms" as "cheap". I certainly do. Might as well use the Lorcin slogan of "Proudly making the world's most affordable handguns."
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Jimenez Pistol Forum