New Jimenez website showing colors and engraving

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: New Jimenez website showing colors and engraving

Postby bumthum » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:15 am

farmkid wrote:You miss the point. The rare floral slides, produced for mysterious and undocumented purposes and probably never released on production guns, are notorious for the difficulties in fitting them for reliable service. My comment was not meant to disparage our beloved SNSs, but rather to comment with a bit of humor on these unicorns.

My apologies, my comment wasn't directly aimed at yours. I just thought it was a bit strange that Jimenez is trying to spice up their line with cosmetic things instead of updating the J-22 design to make it function more reliably, maybe at the level of a Raven. Your comment seemed like a good segue into my gripe. I was honestly unaware that the floral slides were unfitted, loose components that required fitting to a frame... the mystery deepens.

That said, if they were to release a JA-25 with tasteful engraving (even laser engraving), I could see myself being separated from my money just to own one. The colors really don't appeal to me, unless maybe copper colored with dollar bill grip panels... :|
bumthum
Hardcore

Previous

Return to Jimenez Pistol Forum