Jimenez parts

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Jimenez parts

Postby Dave_H » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:15 pm

As you guys know, I'm preemptively getting backup to keep my JA-22 running. In the course of things, buying a J-22 right here of course, but also casting about for spare parts as well as a complete pistol. I contacted Jimenez, in the event they could still sell me parts. I got a not at the moment, but they did request my contact information, and told me that they would be in touch.
I didn't inquire if a Bryco to Jimenez style maneuver is in the works. They don't know me from Adam, so I wouldn't have gotten an answer on that question anyway.
But if buying fresh from the factory parts does turn out to be an option, I'll be the only dumb bastard that has a JA-22 armorer's kit, for the lack of something better to call it. :lol:
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Re: Jimenez parts

Postby adam01364 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:46 am

You actually spoke to someone at Jimenez? That's a good sign.
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:57 am

Dave_H wrote:I'll be the only dumb bastard that has a JA-22 armorer's kit, for the lack of something better to call it.

Um, no, you won't be. I suspect there are a lot of us out there who have lots of parts.

If I had the frames, I could build:
1 Jennings J-22 (old style safety)
1 Jimenez J-22 (or the new style safety version of the Jennings J-22)
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:16 am

I figure as much. Just cracking wise, like I tend to do.

As for contacting them, I figured buying parts from them might be a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Heh while everyone else is buying toilet paper and hand sanitizer I'm tracking down spare parts for my cheapo 22's. In all seriousness, I did the same thing for my Titan .25 years ago. But buying complete parts kits and extra magazines was a fair bit cheaper then.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Return to Jimenez Pistol Forum