Jimenez Arms First of New color offerings

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Jimenez Arms First of New color offerings

Postby adare » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 pm

New JA380 color Cerakote Midnight bronze

More colors coming soon. :?
adare
GUN NUT!

Re: Jimenez Arms First of New color offerings

Postby David Vincent » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Meh... let me know when they get their prices down again. The polymer pocket auto keltec rippoff market is blowing these guys away lately. Until they get the zamak in the $75-$100 range they will just keep losing market share.

they really need to up their game and revamp the entire line. Beef up the slides a little and use polymer for the frames like the denalli. The pocket autos in 22/25 and 32 would be pretty sweet if they could cut a bunch of weight off them with a polymer frame.

how about a whole new design. Polymer frame, beefed up tube style slide with no sights (or mayle plastic sights dovetailed) and no markings other than some basic traction of some sort for pulling the slide back, melt the whole thing like a bar of soap with no edges anywhere. Put them out in 22/25 or even a little larger in 32. Call it the Minimalist Mouse (for the 22/25) Minimalist Pocket Auto (for the 32).

Only thing out there close are keltec p32s and those are sometimes hard to get.

One thing I always give the zamak guns over the keltec ripoffs is they are easier to shoot accurately because of the simplified single action trigger. You can fix it with aftermarket triggers but it gets expensive quick.

the way Jimenez is going know they are in a downward spiral. Companies like cobra and hipoint are a bit more dialed in. I dont think jimenez even cares anymore. Kind of sad because they make a few really neat SNS guns that with a little tweeking could because as useful as hipoints. Cobra is really at another level IMO because they have a few designs that are right up there with top or at least upper level manufacturers if they could just get the quality control up to par.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby jeffchance » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:57 pm

Got the email from Susie today on that.
I did my JA-22 in a very similar color last year with a combination of Graphite Black and Burnt Bronze.
Did a Kel Tec for Farmkid that was also similar.
Won't likely be ordering it.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adare » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 pm

I agree, didn't impress me at all. What is upsetting is that Paul had this new gun and for some reason other than a barrel material issue he never released it. I handled it for gosh sakes.

The other prototype had some what I call market potential for sure, gave me goose bumps thinking he had this and it was hard to think it was just going to sit there in a 3D print prototype.
adare
GUN NUT!

Postby David Vincent » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

well at least they are making some of the smaller caliber models again. Not sure why they put so much focus on the Ja9. Its one of the most fragile guns they make. Then again we tend to actually shoot these guns instead of just throwing them in a drawer.

its going to be neat when we all have 3d printers and can just make guns at home LOL. Gun values will plumet over night.
David Vincent

Postby Flowmaster » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:22 pm

Its a real shame to hear that the new gun sootch00 referred to as "the black box project" on youtube is no longer. I can only assume that's the new design that Paul Jimenez is now not going to make. I can't say I blame Paul though, a lot of gun companies aren't doing great financially right now and it costs a lot of money to start making a new design. Molds and machinery are expensive.

These days you can get LCPs for $200 out the door and SCCY CPX2s for $210 out the door at gun shows, its hard for a company like Jimenez to compete. Then you've got the Taurus Slim, PT111 Millenium G2, and TCP in the same price range too. Those are a lot of decent quality guns that offer nice features in the $200-ish price range.

The burnt bronze that Bersa offers on their Thunder 380 looks really good with the black grips and black slide. As for other colors, the whole Tiffany blue thing is really getting overplayed and so is the muddygirl camo pattern.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Flowmaster wrote:Its a real shame to hear that the new gun sootch00 referred to as "the black box project" on youtube is no longer. I can only assume that's the new design that Paul Jimenez is now not going to make. I can't say I blame Paul though, a lot of gun companies aren't doing great financially right now and it costs a lot of money to start making a new design. Molds and machinery are expensive.

These days you can get LCPs for $200 out the door and SCCY CPX2s for $210 out the door at gun shows, its hard for a company like Jimenez to compete. Then you've got the Taurus Slim, PT111 Millenium G2, and TCP in the same price range too. Those are a lot of decent quality guns that offer nice features in the $200-ish price range.

The burnt bronze that Bersa offers on their Thunder 380 looks really good with the black grips and black slide. As for other colors, the whole Tiffany blue thing is really getting overplayed and so is the muddygirl camo pattern.

whats funny is guys getting tiffany blue guns LOL.

Bersas are still really solid though. A used makarov is head and shoulders better for a little more but nothing wrong with bersas. I hear a lot of complaints though about the "harsh" recoil of a blowback 380 LOL.

In a few years 9mm berettas 92s will be to harsh for people and everyone will be wanting something less "snappy" HA HA.

I am not joking. People used to carry all steel smith and wesson etc..... now anything heavier than an LCP is a boat anchor. I question if any of these people have ever been on a boat and pulled anchor before.

Meanwhile I am carrying all steel guns, ruger P series etc. etc. and 40s&w is my favorite round to shoot. I must be superhuman or something.

But dont forget.... faster follow up shots is key because people cant hit anything anymore LOL. But the majic bullets make it a now issue. Just shoot really fast like in a movie. Something has to hit right? Old bullets just ticked people off when the were hit like throwing rocks. These new bullets will vaporize you!

fun times for guns. New fad guns are way better than old guns BTW. They are way more reliable and effective even if they do have a recall on almost EVERY SINGLE NEW OFFERING! Parts break all the time, light strikes like the plague, have to send guns back to the factory etc. etc..... but they are better!

Oh and the triggers.... this one or that one has an 8-10 pound trigger in DA. My god people are going hurt. We need 4 pound single action trigger (which we will mistakingly call DA to fool people) with no manual safety. Those folks in the old days shooting DA revolvers must have used two fingers to pull the trigger! Gunslinger of the old west probably had a third arm useing those single action revolvers.

also.... if an expensive gun is not accurate.... its tactical accuracy
If an inexpensive gun is not accurate.... its garbage. If it is accurate its still garbage. GET A GLOCK. Because glocks never fail and everyone that does is a double rocket load with quadruple powder charges.

Speaking of Glock..... everything is a glock killer..... until the next glock killer comes out LOL.

then we have all these revolutionary keltec clones IE ruger, Sccy etc.... revolutionary! Meanwhile keltecs have been out for almost for over 20 years LOL.

oh yeah.... plastic revolvers are awesome!

THERE... I feel better now.
David Vincent

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:47 pm

I have to wonder who is buying Jimenez guns nowadays. I haven't seen one new under the glass for at least five years, most places won't even take them on trade. The only places I can think of that might sell them are pawn shops on the wrong side of the track that won't handle returns.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:54 pm

FergusonTO35 wrote:I have to wonder who is buying Jimenez guns nowadays. I haven't seen one new under the glass for at least five years, most places won't even take them on trade. The only places I can think of that might sell them are pawn shops on the wrong side of the track that won't handle returns.

I am sure I will pick up a few more this year LOL. I still like the J22,J25 and Ja32. Those three are all pretty handy for pocket guns and the 25acp and 32acp have been totally reliable and more accurate than any LCP or clone out there. I dont see a real big difference in 32 and 380 in the right hands. JA22s are just fun little plinkers for me. If I can ever get my LC380 running reliably I would get another. The rest of the jimenez guns are just not durable enough for me. I would shoot JA9s if they revamped them to handle the 9mm better.

I still like the small autos for their simplicity, easy to aquire parts, single action triggers etc.

Parts is a big one for me. A lot of these companies wont sell parts anymore. They want you to send the whole gun back for anything.

Lately I have been checking out the Remington RM380. Kind of want one but it doesnt look like Remington will sell parts. I actually like to shoot the guns I buy.... alot. Very few guns I have bought have not needed a part replaced at some point and I always have spares. Especially for new guns which seem to always have issues with increased round counts. There is a lot of junk being released and discontinued within a few years these days. Fad guns.

so yes I will still buy them.
David Vincent

Postby Flowmaster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:47 pm

People on this forum still buy Jimenez guns, but who else? I really like the company, the legacy, the history. The issue is the competition at a similar pricepoint. One of the FFLs I work for on the weekends are in the pawn and gun business. A lot of people want to pawn guns. Their usual offer is $50 for any Cobra or Jimenez, maybe a little more if it has the box, second mag, looks brand new... The resale is just really bad on these guns. Sure you're only taking a hundred dollar hit selling your used Jimenez, but percentage-wise that's a big hit!

I wonder if Jimenez will take inspiration from my "battleship gray" Duracoat Jennings J22 I did back in like 2010 or 2011.

Anybody know what they're using as their firearms coating? Duracoat, KG Gunkote, Alumahyde, Cerakote, etc. It would be nice to have a product the people at the factory could just dip the frames or slides into to save money but the finish probably wouldn't come out right. I've seen Ruger, Glock, and Cobra offering brand new guns that come with Cerakote finish.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Next

Return to Jimenez Pistol Forum