Jimenez T-380 striking primers off center

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Jimenez T-380 striking primers off center

Postby Flowmaster » Sun May 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Has anyone ever has a problem with a pistol hitting primers hard enough just not in the middle of the primer? I finally got a chance to shoot my Jimenez t-380 and it was not reliably igniting primers because it was hitting the primers off center.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Jimenez T-380 striking primers off center

Postby adam01364 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Bent firing pin?
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Mon May 07, 2018 8:07 pm

Its so weird though because its a brand new gun. I did dry fire it, but probably 10 times or less. I'll post a picture of one of the primers sometime soon. There were a few that I wound up striking twice (in two different locations on each primer) and they still failed to go off. I put them into another 380 I had at the range and those same rounds shot just fine.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Papa G » Mon May 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Flowmaster...Have you tried contacting Jimenez about your problem???
the Founding Fathers...the original T-party extremist's
Papa G
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby David Vincent » Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 am

its part of the design due to the fragile nature of the t380. They are not supposed to work a lot. I believe Jimenez owns the sedco patent for this engineering marvel.

serioussly ... very strange. So little to go wrong on these zamak designs. I would pull the slide apart and drop the striked down straight and see if its getting hung up in the firing pin hole at the breach face. The actual channel it rides in cant be to far off otherwise it would not lock into place with the retainer. Possibly the firing pin hole is not centered on the channel. Possibly the barrel is misaligned on the frame (doubtful). Possibly a defective spring. Possibly a bad striker.

I have had a hole on the breech face hang up a few times on more used SNS guns but its not common. Is there a steel piece on the breech face moulded into the zamak?
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby Flowmaster » Tue May 08, 2018 6:15 am

I have not contacted Jimenez yet. I will get the gun out of the safe tonight after work and take a good look at it. I still haven't cleaned it from last week's range trip.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Jimenez Pistol Forum