Dear Hi-Point, enclosed is my 995TS...

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Dear Hi-Point, enclosed is my 995TS...

Postby adam01364 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:40 pm

Dear Hi-Point,

Enclosed is my 995TS Carbine, S/N F125622 which I discovered at Bachant’s Gun Shop in Lakeville MA. The carbine received significant damage in a fire on April 9, 2017 at Commonwealth Firearms in Somerset, MA.

Bachant's sold me the gun “as-is” with the admonition that it, or any parts off it had to be inspected by a competent gunsmith. They did not even have the serial number as that portion of the receiver is completely melted away. Fortunately I had read on the Hi-Point Firearms Forum that there is a second serial number stamped on the receiver and I was able to clean the receiver to expose that number, which I provided to Bachant's for their records.

I would really appreciate it your technicians would look the remains of this carbine over and provide me with an estimate to repair it.

Sincerely,
Adam the Gunhound

Timeline:
Tuesday 6/20: I shipped the gun's remains to Strassell's Machine (aka Hi-Point).
Thursday 6/22: Strassell's received the package.
Monday 6/26: I got a call from Lenny at Hi-Point. He told me Strassell's needed to know which FFL I wanted to use in order for them to ship a completely brand-spankin' new replacement 995TS (new s/n).

According to the FedEx notification my new gun arrives on 6/28. :D :D :D

Based upon the history I provided of the gun, plus the fact only the second serial number was visible, I wasn't sure what to expect. I mean, chunks of Zamak fell off the gun every time I touched it.

I asked for a repair estimate, and my feeling was if they could fix it, fine. And if they could /would not, I was okay with that too.

Hi-Point absolutely ROCKS.

Here's a link to the fire: https://youtu.be/CQPvWYxCRS0

Here's what I shipped to Hi-Point:
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Dear Hi-Point, enclosed is my 995TS...

Postby jeffchance » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:56 pm

It's a shame other manufacturers don't follow Hi Point's example.
They are a class act.
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:04 pm

Amen! They certainly are top-notch.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:39 am

All I can say is wow. I don't know if any other manufacturer would do that for a customer, especially considering the low pricepoint of Hi Point's products. That's really amazing.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Yeah, the are amazing. My FFL was incredulous (they'd seen the remains come in).

Then I gave them the gun... more incredulity.
But they've been VERY good to me, for example for years now they've been doing my transfers for free -saving me a lot of cash.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Hi-Point, Stallard, Maverick, Haskell, Maverick and Iberia firearms forum