Hi Point no longer doing refurb/checkup services

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Hi Point no longer doing refurb/checkup services

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:57 am

The FFL I work for on the weekends got a few older Hi Points. I recommended that they contact Hi Point to see about sending the guns in for a refurb/checkup/tuneup. One of the employees talked to Hi Point and apparently they don't offer that service anymore. Does anyone know when the policy changed? I remember a few years ago you could send one in and they'd go over it for you.

After another phone call, we did get a new sight in the mail for one of the guns. It looked like someone had dropped it right on the rear sight and broke it.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: Hi Point no longer doing refurb/checkup services

Postby adam01364 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Wow, this is new. Nothing about this has appeared over on the HiPoint Forum.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby farmkid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:26 am

If true, the end of an era. :cry:

Their website still says: "Damage, age, and plain old wear and tear - these things happen. When they do, Hi-Point® customers enjoy a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. And lifetime means just that - free repairs for the life of the gun, whether you are the first owner, or the third."

We'll hope it stays that way.
A PERFECT WORLD: start with the fifties, remove racial segregation, insert internet. Factor Edsels to the power of 3 and multiply by Tom Terrific. Paradise!
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Yeah, we had 2 guns to send in and the person on the phone said they don't offer that service. Maybe its just who we talked to on the phone, somebody new maybe? I was thinking we would send them in on our dime (as an FFL you can ship handguns cheaper/slower than just a regular person shipping a handgun) and in the past Hi Point has included a free magazine when sending the guns back. I was really hoping they could refinish the slide on one of the guns we got that has a number carved into the side of it.

You know, I might just call back and hope to talk to somebody else on the phone and see what they say about a refurb service.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:42 am

I'd just send them in with a nice letter, telling them you'll pay for a new slide, and see what happens.

If all else fails I have a spare CF380, C9, and Model C slide.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:38 pm

You stockpile parts like I do.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Hi-Point, Stallard, Maverick, Haskell, Maverick and Iberia firearms forum