The YC-9: Shot Show 2020 update

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

The YC-9: Shot Show 2020 update

Postby farmkid » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:20 pm

It's still on the way, but not here yet. Yes, no release date since it's ready when it's ready. But it looks like planned features are in place and there's a new one (at least, to me): Glock-compatible, interchangeable front sights. There's also a hint of something that I hope I'm reading right; all remaining work is on tuning internals including the cam. Does that mean a better trigger?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VbefqjH1UQ
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Re: The YC-9: Shot Show 2020 update

Postby bumthum » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:19 pm

While I had hoped to continue adding to my Raven collection and maybe procure a Grand Power Stribog to replace my current car gun, I do think the YC-9 is on my shopping list... but probably only if I can land one that says "Yeet Cannon" on it. This whole thing has my two daughters (who are more hip to pop culture than I) very much interested in the entire Yeet Cannon story. I feel like a YC-9 will be a great way to move them beyond .22s and into something substantial enough for them to help defend the homestead.
bumthum
Hardcore

Postby farmkid » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:53 pm

bumthum wrote:...I do think the YC-9 is on my shopping list... but probably only if I can land one that says "Yeet Cannon" on it.

It's definitely on my shopping list. I've been very happy with my C9s through the years, and the YC-9 adds the mag capacity, sights, and threaded barrel that really make it attractive -- and it looks better to boot.

As for getting one that's emblazoned with "Yeet Cannon", HP is currently selling original C9s with "Yeet Cannon G1" on the slide and I suspect that this may be your only opportunity to get one with "Yeet" on it. Of course this is my personal opinion, but I doubt that the YC will be labeled that way. Mind you, they might have a special release version so who knows.
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:52 am

I was always a carbine owner, aside from my bro's CF 380 that he had for a bit, I never had any experience or owned their handguns. I did give it a thought or two over the years. I like the direction they seem to be going in with the yc9. My favorite part is changing the magazine design. I've always had a problem with their mags. They've always felt unnecessarily cheap and chintzy to me, and that bothered me more than the lower capacity. I thought that if they had charged an extra few bucks per gun, they could have had much nicer mags without deviating from their business model.
But I don't run a gun business, so what do I know. If I were them I'd ditch proprietary mags and make the design changes necessary to make the yc9 compatible with Glock mags.
But a better quality magazine of any sort would get me to buy one.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Postby Flowmaster » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:39 pm

People always talk about the YC9 on the Hi-Point instagram page. I've got at least 6 or 7 of them already sold whenever they do finally come out. My coworkers and I have all agreed to buy them, then a couple of friends want in on it too.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Dave_H » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:55 pm

Judging by the local situation, the existing stock of Hi Point pistols seem to be selling like hotcakes. Thanks covid 19 :lol: I thought I might score a discounted CF 380 after the new model pistol came out.
Oh well. Plenty of new folks out there with a new found appreciation for their second amendment rights.
When I see five weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards. That's my policy.
Dave_H
GUN NUT!

Return to Hi-Point, Stallard, Maverick, Haskell, Maverick and Iberia firearms forum