10mm Carbine

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: 10mm Carbine

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 pm

There is talk that the new Ruger PC Carbine is going to have interchangeable calibers. It would be pretty easy to do, given that it's a takedown model with interchangeable mag wells. I'm going to get one in 9mm as soon as the winter heating bill is paid. I'm already set up to cast and load .40 S&W and have a Glock 22 so I would welcome a .40 version also. As far as Hi-Point goes, they are neat guns but they just don't fit me well and use mags that don't work in any of my other guns.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:11 pm

my problem with the hi point carbine is the looks. I just cant grow to love that tactical stock. The original ones looked kind of neat.

If they make a really durable 10mm though I can probably get over it. I actually like the looks of the pistols because they are not square.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby Flowmaster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:29 pm

If Hi Point made one with a Beretta PX4 carbine style stock, I'd buy it. I know there is an aftermarket ATI brand stock available that will turn your Hi Point carbine into a Beretta look alike, but I'd rather have the real deal straight from Hi Point without having to shell out $80 to ATI for a stock. Its really the stocks (both the original version and the new TS version) that are keeping me from buying a carbine.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:38 pm

there is actually a sweet bullpup conversion coming out but its rediculoussly expensive. I think I read $240 LOL. People will pay it though and end up with a $600 hipoint carbine with another hundred in aftermarket addons. Just think... a $700 hipoint! Meanwhile you can get a nice AR15 pretty cheap.

Hipoints are turning into the real gun version of the crossman air guns in which people buy a $50-100 airgun and sink a $1000 worth of aftermarket add ons into it. Kind of insane when you think about it. People do it all the time though.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Postby Stik » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:02 pm

I might have to get one of the bullpup stocks, but I'm going to wait until other people have tried them out first. I don't want to be a beta tester. Do I need one? No. Do I want one? Yes.
Stik
Hardcore

Postby Flowmaster » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:07 pm

The 1095 is now shipping. I saw it yesterday on Hi Point's instagram account.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Previous

Return to Hi-Point, Stallard, Maverick, Haskell, Maverick and Iberia firearms forum