Ordered me a 10mm 1095ts Hi-Point tonight.

Moderators: FergusonTO35, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, farmkid, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

Ordered me a 10mm 1095ts Hi-Point tonight.

Postby Banned for Life » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Finally just said the heck with it and ordered a Hi-point 10mm carbine tonight from my FFL. I have been wanting one for a while and decided to get one.

I cast , powder coat and reload for the wifes 40 s&w HP carbine and I have been collecting 10mm brass for a bit so I should be good to go for reloading for the thing as well. Looks to be a pretty fun round. Looks like it can .40 s&w as well. I see a few you tubers being able to run 40 without much issue with the bullet jump.

Good times. Still love a Hi-point!

This is my 4th carbine from them. I have a .40 a 45acp and now a 10mm. I had a 9mm but someone offered me super stupid money for it several years back when they were super hard to find and I let it go. I have a few 9mm carbines now so I am not sure if I will get another.

I'll for sure do a write up on it when i get it.
Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

Re: Ordered me a 10mm 1095ts Hi-Point tonight.

Postby farmkid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:34 am

Banned for Life wrote:I'll for sure do a write up on it when i get it.

Please please please! I almost bought one last month when I was back in my home state, but didn't have my airline-approved case with me. That, and the gun store staff totally ignored me while chatting incessantly with a local friend. :evil:

Wanna wanna wanna!
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:07 am

I still haven't bought any of the Hi Point carbines.

One of the FFLs I help out on the weekends has a 1095 for sale. I'm so surprised nobody has bought it yet because its usually the only one at the gun shows. Maybe its the price.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 am

Stay away from Hi-Point carbines. They multiply like rabbits.

Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:46 pm

Not bad.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:46 am

^^That's not how my wife put it.^^ :oops:
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby 84minieldo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:30 am

Lol,the guy who sold the guns to the planet of the apes apes
84minieldo
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo FORUM BENEFACTOR

Postby Banned for Life » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:42 am

I literally was just able to get this thing out yesterday. And it was a good thing.. I had to have knee surgery today and I am going to be out of commission for a while.

I bought the dies to reload for this caliber and have been collection range brass here and there and have a nice pile of it. I also cast a lee 175gr tc (drops at 178gr) for my my wifes .40s&w Hi-point carbine she has. I powdercoat these bullets as well so i just used those in in the 10mm.

I loaded up 100 pieces with Hodgdons starting load data with 6.7gr of cfe pistol with 180gr bullet . I also went a few under the max and and loaded 7.4 grs of cfe as well.
These loads are rated at 1.082fps at 6.7grs and 1.208fps at 7.4grs of CFE pistol for both when used with a 5" barrel. I'd wager to bet they scream out of the carbine barrel but I don't have a chrono as of yet.

I ran the 6.7gr loaded ones first and the rifle was accurate with no issues out to 75 yards. My range has a 8" plate setup for pistol calibers at a cowboy range and I drilled it every time with the irons. And thats pretty darn good for me. If my wife was running it she could have put a perfect lead smiley face on it! I had no function issues with the carbine.

The near max load of 7.4grs lead me to believe i need to invest in a optic for it. I had a hard time hitting it all the time. When I did connect you could certainly tell its one hard hitting SOB. And I Mean HARD! I could blame it all on the fact that it was raining and I was soaked and my glasses were wet but im just not really that great of a shot. I can get by but when the Zombie apocalypse happens....Im running the Dillon and loading mags for the wife..

I will say I ABSOLUTELY do not like the rubber cheek pad they have on the 10mm carbine. It's made of a super soft gel type pad and if you have any facial hair its going to hurt your face. Enough that you wont like it. I see you tube reviews of Shooters complaining of this even if they are clean shaven. I am going to explore a alternative replacement for this, either store bought or homemade. My face was tinging at the end of the range session. I hear guys coating the pad in corn starch so I may do that until I figure out what to do with it.

I plan on setting this carbine up just like our other two with the extra mags and 2 mag holder that attaches at the sides of the butt stock. This one may get a little better scope put on it depending on budget. I am happy for right now shooting it with the irons and the cartridges loaded with the starting load of the cfe powder. I have near all the powders listed on Hodgdons site for the 10mm so I can play around with different loading's for it with the 175gr bullet. I may load up some 135gr bullets to see what a screamer will do in it.

I'll update when I can. Right now I am laid up with the knee and cant even get down to my reloading room :(

Take care all!
Banned for Life
Zamak Hoarding Weirdo

Postby farmkid » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:52 pm

adam01364 wrote:...They multiply like rabbits.

Despite frequent criticism that they're ugly, they're sexy as h**l!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnmX3Hb1cf8
Lifetime member, Second Amendment Foundation
farmkid
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Return to Hi-Point, Stallard, Maverick, Haskell, Maverick and Iberia firearms forum