Spotted an unusual Valor .25

Moderators: FergusonTO35, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, 356, pockets, martin08, adam01364, Mr Saturday Night Special

Re: Spotted an unusual Valor .25

Postby David Vincent » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:42 am

looks like the frame is Zamak. Did the valors get shiped in sans the frame and a caster in the states molded them out as is the case with the FIE titans?

Probably all from the same zamak casting plant.

its a neat gun regardless. The old galesi pistols were not too bad. Nowhere near the accuracy and reliability of the raven i carry but decent enough. I think my galesi has jammed maybe three times over 400 rounds or so. I have never worked it over other than a complete breakdown and details cleaning though. They are nowhere near as easy to work on as your typical SNS 25acp raven type design which can be completely broken down and put back together again in under 5 minutes.

One of these days somebody needs to make either an all stainless steel raven or at least a stainless upper and polymer lower. Pump some renewed life back into the inexpensive vest pocket pistol market.
David Vincent
500+ Rounds Club. Zamak Hoarding Weird+

Postby adam01364 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:00 pm

My FIE Guardian .25 (same pistol) is all steel. When the magnet stuck to it I couldn't believe it.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Picked up this Valor frame on Gunbroker for $32.50 shipped; looks like the same gun in my first post. I already have a Valor slide, so that won't be a problem; my guess is the biggest challenge will be finding the grips at a reasonable price.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:15 pm

Earlier in this post I mentioned a slide marked "Florida Firearms Corp, Miami FLA". Here's another oddity I ran across with the spotted with "Florida Firearms Corp, Miami FLA" but this time the flip side of the slide is marked "AG Galesi - Made in Italy." I had always assumed (and we know what happens when you assume :lol:) that Florida Firearms was a successor to FIE and Excam. But now I'm thinking the reverse is true and that Florida Firearms was either the predecessor to FIE and Excam, or existed at the same time. Man, I'd love to do some digging into the old records of the companies just to get the record straight and get the production volume.

Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 am

I think the lineage goes something like this. EIG was a cutlery business that imported RG type handguns for awhile and spun off that part of the company into Florida Firearms in the mid-1960's. After 1968 Florida Firearms went out of business and re-emerged as (or was straight divided into) Excam and FIE, two companies that both imported complete guns and assembled them stateside with imported parts. Excam and FIE both went under in 1990, and QFI emerged from the ashes. QFI then went under in 1992 and both Heritage and EAA were born from the assets and former employees.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby adam01364 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Ferg, that makes sense. I know for certain that QFI and Heritage followed Excam/FIE.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Previous

Return to Saturday Night Specials