frog lube

Moderators: FergusonTO35, 356, pockets, farmkid, jeffchance, Flowmaster, adam01364, martin08, Mr Saturday Night Special

frog lube

Postby Don » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 am

I've been curious about this product for a long time and have watched a lot of youtube videos and read a lot of reviews. Some people hate the stuff but most love it. Sootch uses it in his JA anJ22 guns and it really made a huge difference in their function making them very reliable. I finally bought some and treated my Ja 22 and J 22 with it but I haven't had a chance to test the results. Any of you guys use this lube and do you think it works? Curious to hear first hand how it works.

Don
Don
Hardcore

Re: frog lube

Postby adam01364 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:29 pm

Sorry, I've never used it.
Image Image
adam01364
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby jeffchance » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 pm

I also have no personal experience with it.
I use Militec-1.
http://www.militec1.com/
JEFF
01 FFL
Certified Glock Armorer
www.jandnguns.com
SEMPER FI
jeffchance
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby FergusonTO35 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:41 am

I use Mobil 1 0w-20. My wife's car uses this oil so it is always available.
"If magic is to be defined as the use of ineffective means to allay anxiety when effective ones are not available, then we must conclude that no society will ever be completely free from it." -Keith Thomas, Religion and the Decline of Magic, 1971.
FergusonTO35
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby Flowmaster » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:39 pm

I have some frog lube. We got some in little like white ketchup packet style things as a promo one time. Its a kind of thick paste, not really a grease though. We sometimes will give one out with a gun that we sell at a gun show. Its smells like vick's vap o rub. The paste stuff in the little packets works quite well. I've used it on many of my guns and had no ill effects.

For my birthday a friend of mine bought me a set that includes Froglube CLP, Froglube solvent, a brush, and a big plastic syringe. It also came with a cloth that's soaked in the stuff which I haven't opened up yet. I've used the liquid CLP on one of my Ravens and it worked, but then again it worked with my old treatment consisting of CLP and a tiny bit of Hoppes 9 grease.

My go-to for the past 10 years or so has been Canadian military surplus CLP in pint spray bottles. Its marked S-758 at the top. I get it for $8 or $9 per bottle at the gun shows from one of the surplus dealers. Sure its a year or two after the "test date" on the bottle but the stuff still works just fine and its a lot of CLP for not a lot of money. They're $20 plus shipping for the same bottles on eBay.
Flowmaster
FORUM BENEFACTOR and MOD

Postby David Vincent » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:40 pm

Its kind of expensive so I went all natural and just caught a frog. When I was handleing him he was really slimey so I rubbed him all over my J25. Works pretty well but make sure you wash your hands or the pistol will slip and slide all over. Whne I was done I let him go in the creek so he could produce more of the magical frog lube substance. Lots of frogs back there so I am set for life on frog lube for SHTF purposes and I dont have to kill any frogs.

Newt lube and earthworm lube work pretty good too! Catfish Lube kind of stinks but its OK in a pinch. Tried getting some octupus and eel lube and it almost killed me. Then there was that pitbull saliva I tried to obtain.... sheesh. I ended up climbing up to the roof of my car that day. He wasnt going for it LOL.

Best actual gun product I have found is ballistol. Non toxic, wont kill you, smells good, and has many multiple uses. Did a bunch of research on it and its pretty amazing stuff.
David Vincent
600+ Rounds Club.Zamak Hoarding Weird++

Return to Saturday Night Specials